cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Psyhix69
Adept III

What is this "disabled due to protected content" message?

I am playing a game. Apex Legends. And I am listening to music using Vivaldi browser with Spotify opened.

When I want to make a screenshot of in-game action I can't! Why? 

I am not making a screenshot of music or something - only graphics! What the H is this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

@elstaci Resetting Relive settings does not fix the issue...

BUT...

I have downloaded the official Spotify Desktop application and installed it and I was able to make a screenshot while listening to music and also I have managed to record a video in-game while listening to music...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

This User opened a Reddit thread in 2020 concerning the same issue you are having with AMD Relive error: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/ibi6rp/radeon_relive_disabled_due_to_protected_content/

Seems like when you have a background program running like Netflix or Spotify you get this error from AMD Relive.

The thread mentioned that some Users had Netflix and other had Spotify running when they received that Relive error.

Some Users recommended closing all browser tabs.

Here is one User from that thread that fixed his PC with that error:

I FOUND HOW TO FIX IT!! I've literally seen nobody recommend trying to factory reset Relive...and guess what that worked. Open relive settings and go to system. Under that tab there will be factory reset option. Just make sure once it does it, that you re-select all your preferences for relive such as default paths and hotkeys, etc. Hope it helps!

Generally it seems that when you are running a content protected service like Netflix or Spotify, AMD Relives sees this and generates that error.

So the bug has been around at least since 2020.

@elstaci Resetting Relive settings does not fix the issue...

BUT...

I have downloaded the official Spotify Desktop application and installed it and I was able to make a screenshot while listening to music and also I have managed to record a video in-game while listening to music...

Good Troubleshooting!

Sounds like you found a work around. Mark your answer as "Solution" so others will know what to do if the same thing happens with them.

Seems like AMD Relive doesn't see the Spotify Desktop App thus it works correctly.

I just had Spotify open in my web browser (wasn't even playing). Closing it fixed the problem.

0 Likes
WolfHuntresLuna
Journeyman III

I'm currently trying to stream Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and I have no tabs open it could flag nor spotify open, just Discord, AMD Adrenaline and COD, but its still flagging as Protected Content? I just set up the streaming and recording so i have no clue why this is happening?

0 Likes