cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

What is the best PC video recording software that can record the use of Radeon Overlay so I can submit bug reports?

Hi,

What is the best PC video recording software that can record the use of Radeon Overlay so I can submit bug reports?

Use of Radeon Overlay is causing various issues and crashes on my PC's running on Adrenalin 18.10.2 driver at the moment.
I want to quickly create a video or take screenshots to show use of Radeon Overlay and how changes is settings available in the Radeon Overly are reflected in AMD Settings GUI.
You would think I could use ReLive to record the Radeon Overlay and changes I make to settings or at least take screenshots but it is not recording for me when games are running.
I can record the game or take a screenshot of the game with the Radeon Overlay open.
Am I missing a setting somewhere?

I looked at various desktop / game recording solutions and the only one so far I can use to record the Radeon Overlay is VLC, but it struggles to record well whilst game or application is running.

Are there any plans for AMD Adrenalin to add ability to record the overlay if it isn't already in there?

I could always try to use an external capture card + PC or additional internal PCIe capture card and record HDMI output but really that's quite a bit of additional effort and expense just to record the Radeon Overlay.

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies

No problems here on Win10.1803 with my specs(clean OS instal from 1709 just before 1809), then the usual needed OS tweaks.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Hi,
For now I will have to use VLC, I tried various other 3rd party recorders and for some reason, none of them can record the Radeon Overlay, including the Windows 10 game bar recorder. Maybe some day in the future ReLive will be updated so it will be able to record it's own overlay in game. It can record the overlay in Desktop, just not in games I have tried. CGSO for example. 
Thanks.

0 Likes