cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vphrist
Journeyman III

What is the Best BIOS Version for Asrock b450m Steel Legend using Ryzen 5 3600?

Hello community. I've just got my new PC today and I have a Ryzen 5 3600 Processor with a mother board of Asrock B450m Steel Legend. I've a BIOS setting from Asrock in which I used Version 2.1 as of today which is running. 

My question is can I still upgrade my BIOS settings? And what is the best BIOS for Ryzen 5 3600 so far this year 2021 from Asrock B450M steel legend?

Thank you all and your responses is very much appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

The BIOS version you have installed is the first BIOS 2.1 that came out that supported your Processor.

It is always a good idea, in most cases, to update the BIOS to the latest version if possible. Each BIOS update brings better stability and compatibility to the processor and motherboard and hardware installed.

Here is ASRock Support BIOS Download page for you to decide up to which BIOS version you want to update to: https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b450m%20steel%20legend/#BIOS

BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT!

READ THE YELLOW WARNING/INSTRUCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS BEFORE UPDATING.

ASRock normally recommends that you first update the Motherboard latest CHIPSET DRIVER (AMD All-In-One Driver) before updating the BIOS. 

Also from BIOS Version 2.60 and newer certain AMD Processor won't be supported anymore.

Plus you won't be able to install a previous BIOS version once you update to a newer version according to the yellow warning in the BIOS description.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The BIOS version you have installed is the first BIOS 2.1 that came out that supported your Processor.

It is always a good idea, in most cases, to update the BIOS to the latest version if possible. Each BIOS update brings better stability and compatibility to the processor and motherboard and hardware installed.

Here is ASRock Support BIOS Download page for you to decide up to which BIOS version you want to update to: https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/b450m%20steel%20legend/#BIOS

BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT!

READ THE YELLOW WARNING/INSTRUCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS BEFORE UPDATING.

ASRock normally recommends that you first update the Motherboard latest CHIPSET DRIVER (AMD All-In-One Driver) before updating the BIOS. 

Also from BIOS Version 2.60 and newer certain AMD Processor won't be supported anymore.

Plus you won't be able to install a previous BIOS version once you update to a newer version according to the yellow warning in the BIOS description.