cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

onimoschta
Journeyman III

What happend to Monitor arrangements and presets? why downgrading CCC ? is it fun to annoy your costumers?

I tought "wow those chrimson driver look cool, manage your game overdrive settings and everything, nice"... well that was a big mistake.

I have 3 Monitors on of them is a 4K TV. Since the update i've encountered this castrated catalyst control center which is now useless. I cant rearrange my Monitors. At first i tought im dumb and after a few minutes researching i found enough frustrated people like me. I cant use presets to swap my 4K TV to primary or my 2,5K monitor to primary. you know what? i have to pull my cables, restart my pc and only plug in my primary Screen to make it primary. Is it 1980 again or what happend? Fix this god damn thing these jokes are getting ridiculous, probably my last time buying an amd graphic's card.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
badgrandpa
Journeyman III

Re: What happend to Monitor arrangements and presets? why downgrading CCC ? is it fun to annoy your costumers?

I have a similar problem.  I have four VE228H monitors connected to two Radeon 7950s.  I am not using Crossfire for this configuration.  There is a fifth monitor if the one built into the 4770K is counted.  Arranging monitors was easy in CCC before upgrading to Crimson 15.11.  Crimson 15.11 made a mess of my monitor arrangement.  It added the fifth monitor, and using the mouse was more than interesting.  By disabling that monitor in Device Manager, I got lucky, and my postage stamp configuration returned.  I tried using Crimson's Eyefinity, and it let me know there are no supported monitors.  Hmmm!!!  Going into Additional Settings from Crimson's Display menu brought up a CCC-like interface, but monitor arrangement is not there either.  I thought about trying Eyefinity there, but I was afraid that I would end up with another mess; notwithstanding, other members reported that changes there are not saved.

Has the monitor arrangement feature been added back to Crimson 16.1.1?  I am planning to add two more monitors bringing the total to six and replacing the 7950s with two R9 380s, but until I know monitor arrangement is working properly, I am not making any changes.  So AMD guys, you are losing sales!!!

0 Kudos
badgrandpa
Journeyman III

Re: What happend to Monitor arrangements and presets? why downgrading CCC ? is it fun to annoy your costumers?

I solved the problem.  I replaced the two 7950's with two MSI GTX 970's.  There is no wonder that AMD market share is eroding.  Nice job AMD.

0 Kudos