cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

blobofawe
Newcomer

What do I need to install to use an AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor

I'm running a Windows 10 OS, and I'm using a AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor.

Is there anything I need to install to use it properly? And what's the best way to monitor the processor (temp, speed, etc).

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Processors like yours don't require any drivers to install unless it has integrated Graphics.

There many Hardware Monitoring software you can use to monitor your processor. AMD has one of it own to monitor it processor.

AMD Overdrive is the program used to monitor AMD processors that are Non-Ryzen Processors like yours.

Normally, when you install AMD Driver package in Radeon Settings you can "enable" Overdrive to monitor or tweak your AMD Processor which is the best way or you can independently download Overdrive separately.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

Processors like yours don't require any drivers to install unless it has integrated Graphics.

There many Hardware Monitoring software you can use to monitor your processor. AMD has one of it own to monitor it processor.

AMD Overdrive is the program used to monitor AMD processors that are Non-Ryzen Processors like yours.

Normally, when you install AMD Driver package in Radeon Settings you can "enable" Overdrive to monitor or tweak your AMD Processor which is the best way or you can independently download Overdrive separately.

0 Likes