cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Gingerbreadman1
Journeyman III

Weirdness on new 6750 XT Possible Driver Issues?

I just got a new 6750 XT straight from AMD store. And I'm having a bit of a headache with it. What it does is it will randomly go black freezing and my monitor will say no connection during Dota 2. Restarting the computer will continue to have NOTHING going to my monitor. This is what I did in troubleshooting to narrow it down to what I think is either the card itself not working right on something or a driver issue:

1) Verified that I had enough power supply for the card (almost double what they recommend)
2) Tried the card in both video card slots, neither made it work again
3) Tried an old video card in the slot, it worked so the slots are good
4) Uninstalled all drivers, wiped all amd, and reinstalled the videocard drivers, and it worked again
5) Played other games such as Deep Rock Galactic and Dead by Daylight for a number of hours with no issues
6) Started Dota 2 to see if the problem appeared again, and it did doing the exact same thing after about 30 minutes of playtime
7) Right away uninstalled the drivers, wiped all amd, and reinstalled them, and it's working fine again

Is this a card issue or a driver issue? Are there more steps I can take to narrow down what is causing this? I'm almost wondering if something in Dota 2 is corrupting my installed drivers somehow since a fresh reinstall makes it work while a restart will not.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Disable MPO and Enchanced sync. Vsync is a bit broken right now and Enchanced sync makes stuff much worse by conflicting with application enforced modes.

To disable MPO --> regedit
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm]
"OverlayTestMode"=dword:00000005

To disable Enchanced Sync... Well, go in Adrenalin and disable it.
Likely would help you. But not guaranteed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Disable MPO and Enchanced sync. Vsync is a bit broken right now and Enchanced sync makes stuff much worse by conflicting with application enforced modes.

To disable MPO --> regedit
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm]
"OverlayTestMode"=dword:00000005

To disable Enchanced Sync... Well, go in Adrenalin and disable it.
Likely would help you. But not guaranteed.

Enhanced sync and vsync are disabled by default, even in DotA 2 vsync is disabled (I think). In my registry OverlayTestMode wasn't there, so I created a string named OverlayTestMode and entered in the value =dword:00000005 (not sure if I did that right).

Gonna see if it helped at all.

Update: For now it seems like it isn't crashing. Dota was set on highest settings, when I went to manually change things vsync was disabled, so maybe it was enabled before despite being greyed out? Anyway, will post again if the issue comes up again.

0 Likes