cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Weird crackling noise coming from RX 5700 XT on 2020 drivers

We tested the issue on two different systems but we are not able to reproduce it, 

Navi10 XT Sapphire Pulse/Red Dragon + AMD Ryzen 5 3600.

Navi10 XT Red Dragon+ AMD Threadripper 2990WX.

Are you able to provide a video showing the issue so we can listen to the noise?

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Do you hear it when scrolling in a browser? I do hear a noise aswell that wasn't noticeable before. That's coil whine though for me.

Adept II
Adept II

Not today, but I think I'll do it.
Btw You can find example in reddit post or here, I saw another topic with example of sound..

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Okay, I tried to make a video / audio proof but my micro doesn't catch this noise.
Btw still hear the noise on 20.4.1

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello!

I have same issue in my Sapphire Nitro+, when I scroll trough websites and games. In one game I lock FPS on lower level and it resolve crackling sound from card but still it shouldn't have place imo.

0 Kudos

This is caused by hardware acceleration. When it's off it won't cause GPU to work[instead CPU works] hence no crackling/coil whine. When its on, GPU is used hence there's crackling/coil whine. Older AMD drivers probably had it disabled or your browser doesn't work properly with these drivers.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello folks!

I'm having this same audio issue when any graphic interface updates (For eg.: resizing/moving windows, dragging scroll bars, etc...). 

When I unninstalled AMD drivers the noises gone away. 

But  when I reinstalled the drivers (even without Adrenalin Software)  the noises came back.   

I tried to record screen directly from Windows but when I press 'Record' the noises simply disappears (?!?!).

So I recorded the issue with my cellphone:

AMD Driver crackling audio output - YouTube 

I also tried to run LatencyMoon while having this noises, but no latency issues was found by the software.

Here's my setup

- Gigabyte B450M AORUS

- AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

- AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT / Driver version: 26.20.15029.20013

- Audio Interface: Behringher UMC202HD

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I notice that this could be related to GPU VRAM clock speed oscilation.

pastedImage_1.png

When I record the screen using a Windows 10 tool the GPU VRAM clock speed is locked at 200 MHz (The flat area on graph) and the noises dissapears while recording.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

What audio device are you using? Is it the sound card or are you getting sound from your monitor?

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

I also noticed in the video that you have lots of background apps open. Did you try closing them?

Have you ever tried to run USERBENCHMARK? If you can, go to userbenchmark.com and run the test. Then post the results.

0 Kudos