cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

donecek
Journeyman III

We need graphic card updates for old computers to get Windows 10 next year.

Now, when the Windows 7 will be finishing its support next year hereby pushing people to go to Windows 10 I'm starting to be in panic! Why?

Because I can use Windows 10 or 8 on my beloved old Acer TraveMate 4670 as the basic graphic driver included at the Windows OS is OK for the laptop.

But once you will want to open any website so then you will see there are not any more sharp letters to be displayed so that it's very uncomfortable to read something.

I don't understand why there can't be a update on the graphic driver by AMD when the Windows 8-10 self are on my laptop sharp enough but only on the websites the letters need to be done more sharp which could be a trifle matter for AMD to fix it.

Acer company has been keeping blind eyes on this graphic card update as they need us to buy new laptops and the old ones have put in the bin.

I don't know who will help us next year when the Windows 7 will be finished?

0 Likes
1 Reply

Short answer? Never.

Support for the  ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 graphics were stopped long ago. Those old graphics chips do not meet the minimum requirements Microsoft set for Win10.