cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MatthiasX45
Adept I

we detected a driver timeout - 21.3.2 AMD software

Good evening ! When I enter AC Odyssey in less than 10 seconds it takes me out of the game and crashes me with the error: we detected a driver timeout has occurred on your system or sometimes wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure.

I have windows and amd software (21.3.2) up to date both .....I had no problems before

System Model B450 AORUS ELITE
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

graphic card: Radeon RX 580 Series

I need quick help! Thx.

0 Likes
12 Replies
VValdemar
Adept II

Did this happen after the driver update?
Are there any other games/benchmarks that break the driver?

0 Likes

Yes, after the update 21.3.2. Only in this game (AC Ody) it gives me error.  Once and in other 2 games, but only once. Now every time I continue a mission it takes me out after 10 seconds in AC Odyseey

0 Likes

And how long ago was the previous driver update? Until the fall?

0 Likes

last update was on 26.03.2021 , version 21.3.2 after that it crashes

0 Likes

OK. Try the following. In Radeon Software, go to the Performance tab. In the performance settings, select Manage Settings on "Manual". Activate the GPU Setup + Advanced Control. Set the maximum frequency to 2 times lower. If this gives the result, then it remains to set the correct effective frequency.

When I bought myself a 6900XT I couldn't run the game on high settings or even the benchmark. Bypassed by changing the frequency of the GPU.

0 Likes

Well, how do I change? I mean, what does the frequency of the video card have to do with it?

0 Likes

Just use previous driver to complete the game. Then update. Lowering core clock will decrease performance. 

0 Likes

@EFermi, I didn't write this for nothing: "If this gives the result, then it remains to set the correct effective frequency.". And I did not just advise him to try to lower the frequency, because if @MatthiasX45 has the same case as me, then nothing else will help him.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/driver-response-timeout-exceeded-black-screen-game-cra...

0 Likes

That means GPU is defective (if new) or degraded (if used) and should be RMA'd (if warranty period is not over yet). Because it doesn't work "as is" and requires additional tweaking. I mean, I'm a big fan of tweaking myself, but only to the side of increasing, not reducing. If it needs lowering smthing from factory / def. driver settings, it's defective. 

0 Likes

Yes, but in this case it is not necessary. Because by default, the frequency is set above the maximum + user messages say about the same problem since the fall. So, there is a possibility of incorrect operation of the driver.

0 Likes
shayron12
Adept II

HAHAHAHA A Trojan has been detected.

0 Likes