cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mat777
Challenger

wddm 3.0 ?

why i don't have wddm 3.0 version with windows 11  ? I have looked at I have version wddm 2.7 I have the most recent driver 21.8.2

0 Likes
1 Solution

You are going to have to wait until Windows 11 is released to the public to find out if AMD drivers support WDDM 3.0. 

IF you are using Windows 11 Preview than you need to ask Microsoft if the current AMD Drivers for Windows 11 support WDDM 3.0.

Otherwise you are going to need to wait until Windows 11 Official release occurs to see if WDDM 3.0 is supported or not with AMD drivers.

Windows 10 doesn't support WDDM 3.0 so you will only see WDDM 2.7 no matter which graphics driver you use.

This tech site states that Nvidia drivers now support WDDM 3.0: https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/06/23/windows-11-includes-support-for-wddm-3-0-display-driver-mod...

"Apart from WSL improvements, no further details are imparted in the leaked build as to exactly what this support involves, but presumably, if you’re planning to install Windows 11 for WDDM 3.0, you’ll also want to grab the new drivers from Nvidia. That’s because Nvidia 471.11 WHQL driver apparently includes support for WDDM 3.0."

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You are going to have to wait until Windows 11 is released to the public to find out if AMD drivers support WDDM 3.0. 

IF you are using Windows 11 Preview than you need to ask Microsoft if the current AMD Drivers for Windows 11 support WDDM 3.0.

Otherwise you are going to need to wait until Windows 11 Official release occurs to see if WDDM 3.0 is supported or not with AMD drivers.

Windows 10 doesn't support WDDM 3.0 so you will only see WDDM 2.7 no matter which graphics driver you use.

This tech site states that Nvidia drivers now support WDDM 3.0: https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/06/23/windows-11-includes-support-for-wddm-3-0-display-driver-mod...

"Apart from WSL improvements, no further details are imparted in the leaked build as to exactly what this support involves, but presumably, if you’re planning to install Windows 11 for WDDM 3.0, you’ll also want to grab the new drivers from Nvidia. That’s because Nvidia 471.11 WHQL driver apparently includes support for WDDM 3.0."

thanks for the information

I am almost certain that AMD Drivers will support WDDM 3.0 due to the many graphics improvements in Windows 11 when it is officially released to the public.