cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jimc99
Adept I

Wattman reset on non gpu crash

Request: include option to make your own wattman setting standard, so it doesnt reset on computer crash. 

Sometimes my computer crashes its not my GPU.. however wattman reset regardless of this and its potientiall GPU killer. My computer crashed earlier and forgot about this and played some games and my GPU hotspot on my vega was at 106c for 30 min. This feature needs to be included please, very dangerous this.

I mean i understand why you did this, but this solution isnt optimal. Another solution would be to set a temp max and if your fans doesnt respond to this, or cant handle it, simple downclock the card until certain temperature is reached. And this setting would regain its value even after a crash. I mean you can always reset your GPU setting with windows 10 safe boot and reinstall your gpu drivers.

Another solution would be to reset wattman, but then prompt the user after reboot, if he want to reload old wattman settings or to keep stock settings.

4 Replies
edmor
Journeyman III

Now in Windows 10 1809 (build 17763.437) and Radeon 19.4.1, when the system enters in monitor off. The Wattman resets fan to 0 RPM.

And trying to load any profile does not work at all! The only sollution is restart the system.

This must be fixed, the temperature rises if I do not realize that. It's very dangerous!

jimc99
Adept I

Can we do something about this or do you want us to destroy our cards? Its not a hard solution that takes time to implement.

This forum is not up to our expectations! No answers or at least feedback.

0 Likes

You need to change your expectations. This is a user-to-user support forum. No engineers here. If no one has had the same issue, why even read the post?

You must have missed that part:

AMD Support Forums - Rules & Regulations & Terms of Membership

OFFICIAL TERMS OF USE

This is a user to user English language only Support Forum. Information or opinions contained in any posts are those solely of the user making the post and are in no way validated by, or the opinions of, AMD, including our moderators. Use of any information on this board is done so AT YOUR OWN RISK and all information is provided "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. While we may at time respond to posts, AMD makes no warranties or claims regarding the validity of any information posted by users on this board.

Not like AMD hasn't given you ways to report driver/processor issues:

Online Service Request | AMD 

AMD Issue Reporting Form 

Another clue is at the bottom of every drivers download page:

AMD Issue Reporting Form

This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form. 

0 Likes