Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

preed
Adept II

Re: Wattman question for installing new drivers

Jump to solution

Hi there,

A bit of an update.

I contacted asus, and they gave me an idea. I now do not have Wattman tripping up when in dorment state.

What did I do?

I downloaded the oldest driver for my RX 470 (something like 16.1.1), use DDU to uninstall current driver and then installed that driver.

I then let Windows and install what it thinks is the driver should be which was 17.1.1.

Once that was done, rebooted and installed AMD driver 17.4.4.

Then lastly, rebooted and installed 17.6.2.

This has solved my wattman problem and now can use my GPU utility with no issues.

Each driver update, I did not use "Clean install", I just let it update the drivers and software.

There must have been one setting in those previous drivers that was needed for wattman to operate properly on my PC setup.

Now if I could get relive working properly. I would be very happy.

View solution in original post

rebelyell
Exemplar

Jump to solution

its funny you say this with having 17.4.4 and multi drivers. over last 1 year or so when i do completly clean installs i dont have as much stability and i do oc gpu sometimes.

so as of right now i have 17.4.4 and 17.5.2 installed and ive been doing this for awhile i just let both in there. i found if i manually remove 17.4.4 gpu gets quirky.   i find this interesting.

0 Kudos
john007
Exemplar

Jump to solution

WELL ITS TRUE ISNT IT AMD, HA TRY AND SUPPRESS THE TRUTH PAL,

I knew AMD went all the way to make sure you cannot use 3rd party OC programs, its confirmed.

ALL YOU DO IS BLOCK THE TRUTH.

MAN THE F&^K UP.

podkaracz
Adept III

Jump to solution

We demand only things we payed for and they should say big THANK YOU instead of deleting posts and silencing people that we give them a favour by pointing out broken numerous bugs and broken things in their drivers. #neveragainamd

john007
Exemplar

Jump to solution

Amen to that.

Example the OP Preed, hasn't done anything wrong on the unit, made no error either, Wattman is unstable, 100% confirmed.

We have done all we can regarding this issue, 3rd party companies now know about wattman sat in a dormant state rendering any other OC program unstable/useless.

They are trying to dominate each category with half baked addons,

Relive for recording,

Wattman for overclocking.

While removing the decent features like your color/display panels, which are extremely important features to many AMD users.

This company has turned me clinically depressed.

I've tried my very best on behalf of all dedicated Redteam users who I eternally respect.

Peace.

rebelyell
Exemplar

Jump to solution

17.1.1 driver will lock 3rd parties oc with watt man and work together .. the previous 16.x will work with 3rd party but not lock and must use only 3rd party and never touch wattman or it crashes. anythingpast 17.x will not work with 3rd party i lived it i know..  peace.

0 Kudos
john007
Exemplar

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update.

The 3rd party companies which are also AMD partners are not very happy about this. I can tell you myself.

AMD Team have rendered their own partners OC programs to literally crash your system.

AMD Team you need to quickly revert these changes in your drivers before you get yourself into trouble.

AMD you are nothing without your dedicated partners in business. This is insanity.

rebelyell
Exemplar

Jump to solution

im sure sapphire isnt happy , about the trixx software. heh

0 Kudos
podkaracz
Adept III

Jump to solution

Asus too and the only thing you do is removing posts instead of doing smth . It was a great mistake to buy your products.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

Jump to solution

wattman actually works good just dont have memory oc like the rest for my furys. they ran great with a bump on that.. but this isnt the forum to get results . you will need to fill out an email form to send to amd to get anytype results on this ... i dont have the link..

0 Kudos