Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Wattman question for installing new drivers

Jump to solution

I am saying that as the person who posted the release notes, I did not make any edits after the were created.
I cannot show you what I edited since I did not make any edits.
I will officially caution you to stop making false claims and accusations against the moderators.

elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

I have downloaded AMD Radeon packages in the past and Wattman was never included. Might be because I "Skipped" installing Relive gaming software that probably includes Wattman. Is Wattman downloadable as a separate software? I am not sure if I answered or understood your question correctly.

I recently bought an Asus Graphics card and it came with Asus GPU Tweak II. It seems to work on the Creator version of Windows. But like you, I have no need to OC either my CPU nor my GPU. Do it incorrectly and you have some serious problems on your computer.

0 Kudos
preed
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Thank you for replying on topic.

I have tried installing with both and without relive. Wattman is still there.

In regards to the Asus Tunning Tool. I have a nzxt 6 fan controller. It uses a bit of software called camapp to configure the the fan speeds.

Recently they added a new gfx card overclocking tool to it.

So with that, at any one time, I could have had 3 pieces of software to work on the gfx card. So the Asus software has to go as I prefer being able to alter my case fan speeds.

But just with camapp and wattman in its "dormant" state are still having arguements.

Which is why I was basicly asking is the wattman system in the drivers or the graphics card utility.

0 Kudos
john007
Exemplar

Jump to solution

Instead of just blocking my post Ray why don't you just reply?

Created by ray_m Employee on Jun 8, 2017 8:37 PM. Last modified by ray_m Employee on Jun 8, 2017 9:30 PM.

Someone edited/modified the thread, it may not be you Ray but someone did.

I asked you a legit question and you just block me?

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

Jump to solution

wattman and drivers are  all in 1 package and tied in registry. if you have a 3rd party gpu overclocking software. uninstall it or you will have issues..

0 Kudos
preed
Adept II

Jump to solution

As stated, the software in question runs over half my fans in my case, altering each fan dynamicly.

The good news if that I have finished my mass effect andromeda play through.

As your saying that Wattman is built into the drivers.

The question will need to change to this.

Which driver set can I use thats windows 10, works on a RX 470 that does not have wattman in the package?

EDIT:Update: I found out the first driver set for my card was about 16.6.2

The same driver set that they introduced. So I can not install software for my gfx card that does not have wattman.

I tried installing these drivers, but Windows 10, just auto updates to 17.1.0

So I am now pritty much screwed.

I am regreting ever having purchised my rx 470.

I already have another issue with the amd software to which all I am being told by mods "To wait for next version of software".

I cant return the card as its now out of its 30 day cash back.

The only logical step is going to contact Asus to see if they can apply any pressure to AMD to help me.

All I want is an option not to install wattman.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

Jump to solution

pre-crimson era . and catalyst with AOD dont support 470. !

i dont recommend this but you can look at this.. but i wouldnt do it.. Videocards - ATI Catalyst Windows 7 | 8 | 10

just get used to crimson because its parted with wattman its binned.

its not like old days using catalyst like i did with a 6850hd and pulling that driver out and using a wild driver in another catalyst to run a card like a graped ape.. lol

0 Kudos
preed
Adept II

Jump to solution

Thanks for the link, but those just look like the normal releases.

The problem that really bugs me, is when the wattman crashes 1 out 5 times, any apps I had open at the time, reset to settings of when they had just been installed.

Which is annoying as heck when you come up for a custom profile for encoding to youtube, wattman carash and its all gone.

I loved the catalyist drivers, as it gave you real options. With this, its like all or nothing.

Right now, I am stairing at either saving up for about 6 - 8 months so I can go back to nvidia or just get rid of windows 10 and see what happens with windows 7.

Which would be annoying as heck as no dx12 support.

Wanna hear the weird bit?

I have been tackling this problem from two ends. I also contacted the manufacture of my fan controller software. And we worked together to the point where they wrote a custom build of both drivers and software for the fan controller which got my wattman crashes from twice a day to once every couple of days

I have found more support from a small company than going though AMD.

Today I have contacted my grpahics card manufacture to see if they can do anything.

All I want is a custom installer.

john007
Exemplar

Jump to solution

Just make sure you contact the AMD third party manufacturers and submit the information about wattman rendering their OC programs useless.

Trust me they are highly interested in this matter.

0 Kudos
preed
Adept II

Jump to solution

Thanks for the Advice.

I have contacted ASUS. They asked me to do a test, which I had already done so passed on those results.

They got back to me today suggesting I talk to AMD more, as ASUS makes the hardware, but the Driver support is from AMD.

So tomorrow, it looks like I am going to have to set aside some time to try and contact AMD directly.

0 Kudos