cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Zilfix
Journeyman III

Wattman probem PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT OC V2

I buyed this card last week and worked perfectly, but 2 days ago playing Assasin Creed Valhalla suddenly appears an error saying that "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected System Failure"

I dont know how to solve this problem. I havent touched this Wattman settings at all. Already used DDU to do a clean driver install, donwloaded last drivers for Windows/AMD adrenaline and the problem still persists. 

My spec: 
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: B450 Gaming X

RAM: Corsair vengance RGB Pro AMD Optimiced DDR4 3200 16GB 2x8GB CL16

Power Supply: Nox Urano VX 650W

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
5 Replies

This is the error message you get when the GPU driver resets do to an issue. It could be an overheat, driver glitch unstable clock speed on the GPU processor or memory. Even instability of the main cpu and memory can contribute. 

When this happens any custom options you applied in radeon settings gets reset. So if you have not already make sure to back yours up to more easily load them back in when this happens. 

If this is happening in just one game then likely it is a driver glitch that may get fixed soon in a driver update. 

Report the issue to AMD:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

I can discard overheat because the GPU is not even reaching 80Cº.

I havent applied any custom option in radeon settins also.

Could I uninstall this Radeon Adrenaline thing and install only the card drivers?

Thanks for your response.

0 Likes

I don't have navi but I do have Polaris. AMD claims a max temp of 95 but I can tell you for a fact my chip throttles and crashes the driver above 75. So don't assume temp can't be the issue. 

0 Likes
ICalypso2
Journeyman III

BRO 

I also have this problem. (Radeon Wattman)
I could not reach a solution in any way. I think it's the source of the drivers.
When I open GTA V and NBA2K20, my computer restarts and Wattman error appears.

Everything changed after the 20.11.3 release.
My video card, which was 30 36 degrees when not in use, now works at 40 degrees

(Ryzen 5 3600, TUF EVO 5600XT 16 GB RAM 650W 80+)

0 Likes

Dude same with B450 Ryzen 3600 powercolor 5600xt. I updated bios to Red devil to try and solve temo issues. All thats left to do is apply some new thermal pads and get better air flow. I notice mine does not have thermal pads in the back side

0 Likes