cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Muppet
Adept II

Wallpaper Engine being detected as a game

Wallpaper engine is detected as game AMD relive will record wallpaper green screen instead of the actual game, this is frustating whats even more frustating that i find threads of few years old that this is an issue even with solutions that where supose to work at the time but clearly do not work right now.

This seems like easy thing to fix stop detecting wallpaper engine as a game for instant replay and only record actual games thanks rant over.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Muppet
Adept II

How many times do i have to bump this until i can start recording instant replay footage again without wallpaper engine causing relive to record green screens, cos i am about tired of ranting and i am ready to **bleep**ing sell my 6900 XT and get a rtx 3090 instead cos shadow play always ran fine with wallpaper engine, radeon relive does not.

Im gonna go start swearing and insulting once i lose my patience you have been warned, ignore me you will regret it.

0 Likes

Open the games tab on radeon settings, right click on wallpaper engine and select remove.

I'm not sure if the green screen is related to this though. You could also try to enter wallpaper engine settings and select to stop running when you enter fullscreen.

Hope this helps, don't know much about this issue because I don't use relive.

0 Likes

If that worked i would not be complaining here it does not fix the issue, it still records green screen with radeon relive while wallpaper engine is active, same with AMD link, i feel like i am talking to a wall.

0 Likes

Well I'm just a normal user trying to help...this is not tech support. You should file a bug report and hope that they actually fix something. I had no such luck with AMD tech support until now lol.

0 Likes

Uhm, I have Wallpaper engine and I use it 24/7.

And just because you annoyed me off with your attitude I just tested relive right now and it works fine with cyberpunk 2077 and WE running in the background. I have a radeon 6700XT using the latest driver 21.5.2.

Maybe you should be more polite and post your specs instead of just blowing off steam in here.

In what game(s) do you get green screen ? What driver are you using ? What are your recording settings in relive ? Maybe if someone replicates your issue it may be able to help you. Good luck with that because I will certainly not try to help you anymore.

0 Likes