cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wk170179
Adept I

Vulkan Runtime libraries is not present in my laptop though my driver supports Vulkan, please help?My

• A10-4655M with Radeon HD 7620G
  • Radeon HD 8670M
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 64bit

I updated the APU recently by using DDU.....But I do not have Vulkan Runtime libraries installed...Also the device manager isn't showing my driver's exact name(check the attachment)…..Plz help...

0 Likes
6 Replies

Your A10-4655 with HD7620G is not supported by AMD with anymore Driver updates. You have a choice of only two last AMD Drivers for your APU: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/a10-4655m-ra... 

WHQL 2015 (Non-Vulkan)

BETA 2016 (Non-Vulkan)

AMD Vulkan API was first introduced in AMD Driver Crimson Edition 16.3 right after your BETA driver: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/vulkan 

You A10 Processor doesn't support Vulkan.

NOTE: Even though your HD8670M might support Vulkan but you can't install the HD8670M AMD Driver by itself. When you install the A10 APU Driver it will automatically install the HD8670M driver.

The HD8670M AMD Drivers newer than the ones for the A10 will not be compatible with your processor.

Ok thanks....Have you seen the attachment...the device manager is not shiwing the exact name of my driver...Is that something I should worry about ? BTW thanks for the quick response ..

0 Likes

you will need to modernize your rig substantially to support VULKAN and other demanding APIs

Can you elaborate your answer?

0 Likes

wk170179 wrote:

Can you elaborate your answer?

given you have a laptop, the IT sector calls that a forklift upgrade

go find some cream puff chassis and a good power supply, I use AMD and the Ryzen 3000 lineup are comparatively respectable

I recommend 16GB of memory for gaming, I use 32GB

I suggest a full ATX board which tends to be more feature rich

0 Likes

Maybe...just maybe you can disable the integrated graphics in the bios and choose the external graphics (HD8670M) as the primary. Then you can update the 8670 and use it as the only graphics. Check the laptop manufacturer for a bios update..very important. Battery time greatly reduced...must use plugged in. Each laptop bios will be different, so you have to search around. What you want to do is stop the 'switchable function'. Here is a old post from HP describing the procedure...again the terms used will probably be different.

HP Notebook PCs - OpenGL Applications Cannot Use Discrete GPU with Intel + AMD Switchable Graphics |...