cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vulkan error_out_of_host_memory

I get this error when I try to run vulkaninfo. Any help would be much appreciated.

2020-04-29 14_51_53-Administrator_ C__Windows_System32_cmd.exe.png

Windows 7 64bit (SP1)

FX8350 cpu

16GB ram

RX590 gpu

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have Win7 and RX580:

I suggest you clean install version 19.12.1. When that is installed and the computer rebooted, install the drivers only from version 20.3.1...from the device manager (have disk)

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/rade... 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

First download and run GPU-Z and make sure that OpenCL, Vulkan, are checked marked at the botton of the window.

This sounds like a Driver issue. Have you tried installing the latest version from AMD Download page for the RX590: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-590 

If you still continue getting that Vulkan error then try installing a previous AMD Driver and see if it fixes the problem from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/rade... 

By the way, as you probably are aware, Windows 7 is not supported by Microsoft any more. So it is a very good probability that AMD will also stop making drivers for Windows 7 in the very near future.

0 Likes

I have tried other drivers multiple times, newer and older drivers changed nothing. I made sure on other drivers were effecting them sometimes running DDU and sometimes removing them manually. I am currently running AMD's recommended drivers. (not the newest)

Yes the windows 7 thing is on my list.

so when I ran GPU-Z the OpenCL box is checked but the Vulkan box is not.2020-05-13 17_43_43-TechPowerUp GPU-Z 2.31.0.png 

0 Likes

I have Win7 and RX580:

I suggest you clean install version 19.12.1. When that is installed and the computer rebooted, install the drivers only from version 20.3.1...from the device manager (have disk)

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/rade... 

This assumes:

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Visibility: Drivers & Software1011375 Views

Well that worked. Thank y'all for the help.

Glad you got it sorted out

I am now using the graphics drivers from version 20.4.2. They respond to my profiles better.

0 Likes

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1 Highlights

Support For

• DOOM™ Eternal
    • Achieve up to 5% better performance playing Doom Eternal (Ultra Nightmare settings) at 1920x1080p on the Radeon™ RX 5700XT with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1, versus Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2. RS-333
  • Half-Life™: Alyx
  • Ghost Recon™ Breakpoint
    • Vulkan® API

Added Vulkan® Support

• VK_EXT_post_depth_coverage
    • This extension indicates support for shader modules that use the SPV_KHR_post_depth_coverage extension. Fragment shaders using the SPV extension can control whether the SampleMask built-in input variable reflects the coverage after the depth and stencil tests are applied. This extension is only supported on AMD RDNA hardware.
  • VK_KHR_shader_non_semantic_info
    • This extension indicates support for shader modules that use the SPV_KHR_non_semantic_info extension. Shader modules using the SPV extension can include non-semantic instructions that can be safely removed from the module.
  • VK_EXT_texel_buffer_alignment
    • This extension provides a mechanism to query alignment requirements for uniform and storage texel buffers that cannot be well communicated via minTexelBufferOffsetAlignment.
  • VK_EXT_pipeline_creation_cache_control
    • This extension provides flags that can be used by an application to inquire about potential high cost that could be incurred during pipeline creation. The information can be obtained prior to carrying out the create operation, which would allow the application to adjust its behavior accordingly.
0 Likes