cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TheFlyer777
Adept I

Vulkan Device loss errors , Driver timeouts.

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from an RTX 3060 to an RX6800. I am a flight Sim guy and sadly whenever I launch my flight Sim (XPLANE 11 and 12) shortly after I get sometimes a black screen a hang resulting in my flight Sim crashing and me getting nowhere (accompanied by a bug report window popping up saying a driver timeout was detected). I am currently on 22.5.1 as when it works it yield the best performance in flight Sim. Newer drivers like 22.10.xx increase my CPU frame time, lower my fps and I still get timeout errors. I used The AMD clean-up utility and did a fresh install and all, but nothing has helped. Do you have Ideas as this is getting on my case and my pc can't be used for what it's good for. I contacted XPLANE forums, and their support and they said it was a problem on the AMD side of things.

My specs are R5 5600x , 16GB 3200mhz RAM , 970 EVO plus 1tb , Rx 6800 w

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
TheFlyer777
Adept I

Thanks for your input. After 1 month I have RMA the 6800 which was confirmed to be faulty, crashing under load. They sent me a brand new 6800xt. So that's gone well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
cahdek
Journeyman III

Same issue here on AMD RX6800XT X-Plane 11 and 12

TheFlyer777
Adept I

Thats very very peculiar , I am about to RMA my 6800 and see if its actually a problem with my gpu- I cant work this out!

0 Likes

I know this isn't the X-Plane forum, but before you go returning your card delete your shadercache C:\X-Plane 12\Output\shadercache\vulkan and clear out your plugin folder. 

Ran into the same issue with Traffic Global with the CTD on load.  Xplane removed a dll from their base, and I had to download it from another source to make the plugin work with out crashing the sim.

bsethwhite
Journeyman III

Yep, X-Plane 11 & 12.  AMD hasn't given us a good driver since 22.5.2.   With 22.11.2 being a WHQL, I gave it a spin.  Still garbage on X-Plane.  I get half the frames with the new driver than what I do with the old one.

TheFlyer777
Adept I

Thanks for your input. After 1 month I have RMA the 6800 which was confirmed to be faulty, crashing under load. They sent me a brand new 6800xt. So that's gone well.

0 Likes