cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

joels_
Adept I

Vulkan-1.dll missing

hello, new ati user. win 10 x64 1909, latest ati Software Version 2020.0228.1832.33370, getting the missing dll error launching doom in vulkan mode.  my card is a new 5700.

any help or ideas here would be great, not sure if i need to install the latest vulkan package, or just a dll in the game folder, or system folders. 

thanks much for your time.

Joel

0 Likes
8 Replies

Try this basic method of installing the AMD Driver and see if you still get that error:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

You can run DDU in Windows Desktop but then you would need to reboot or restart your computer to finish deleting all trances of AMD.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.
By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

thank you, i will give that a shot later.

the missing error is about vulkan-1.dll

0 Likes

Inside the AMD Installation folder there is a Vulkan folder to install Vulkan when the AMD Driver is installed.

That is why it is important that the previous AMD Driver is completely deleted.

0 Likes

I wanted to ask something. I have a pretty old graphics card. it's of the HD series, is there any way vulcan can work on it or is it a lost cause, and i cant upgrade it cause i cant afford it at the moment thnx for help. And if it can run where can i find the correct drivers for it. It's the radeon hd6700

0 Likes
joels_
Adept I

C:\AMD\Win10-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-20.2.2-Mar5\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B352355

i am seeing vulkan64 and 32, dlls but nothing vulkan-1.dll in that 

do i need to find it in an older driver version ?? 

this was the first amd driver ever installed on this system.

0 Likes

With the new drivers, vulkan-1.dll file was added into the driver. In other words, the vulkan files in the folder you mentioned are copied to the system folders as vulkan-1.dll with the driver installation.

To fix your problem, uninstall old display driver with DDU and perform a clean display driver installation.

joels_
Adept I

thanks all for the replies,

easy as that, problem fixed following your instructions.

thanks so very much for your time, i greatly appreciate it.

Glad to hear you fixed your problem.

I suggest you mark your last reply as "Correct" so other Users will know what you did to fix your problem.

0 Likes