cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thefallendx
Journeyman III

VSync problem in games.

Hello,since a month ago,after and software update on my AMD R5 m330,in games like counter strike global offensive or 1.6,league of legends,grand theft auto v or san andreas,i usually got over 60fps in game on low spec even the fact that i have a 60 hZ monitor,but when i have in any game vsync turned off and get over 60+ fps i have an imense lag,but if i turn vsync on and stack the fps on 60,it runs smoothly as before and perfect,i have my laptop for over 2 years and never had this problem until now,i will give you below screenshots of my laptop's specs.

Please help me fix this,thank you.

-AMD Graphics Card: 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R5 M330

-Desktop or Laptop System: Laptop Lenovo G50-80

-Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

-Driver version installed: Radeon Adrenalin 18.1.1

-Display Devices: FIRST:

Intel HD Graphics Family

Manufacturer Intel

Model HD Graphics Family

Device ID 8086-0A16

Revision C

Subvendor Lenovo (17AA)

Current Performance Level Level 0

Current GPU Clock 947 MHz

SECOND:

ATI AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M330

Manufacturer ATI

Model AMD Radeon R5 M330

Device ID 1002-6660

Revision 84

Subvendor Lenovo (17AA)

Current Performance Level Level 0

Current GPU Clock 0 MHz

GPU Clock 300.0 (750.0) MHz

Driver version 23.20.15015.1002

Memory Type DDR3

Memory 2048 MB

Bandwidth 14.4 GB/s

-Motherboard + Bios Revision: LENOVO  and Bios BIOS Brand LENOVO Version B0CN75WW Date 3/26/2015

-CPU/APU: Intel Core i3 @ 1.70GHz Haswell ULT 22nm Technology

-RAM: 4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

0 Likes
14 Replies

I suggest you download and reinstall the latest driver available for your laptop from Lenovo. It's possilbe that Windows updated you to an incorrect driver that is not optimized for your laptop in the way the ones available from your hardware manufacturer are. Laptops are very specific to their maker, so get the driver from the here: Home Global Support

0 Likes

what driver shuld i exactly install from there laptops and netbooks :: lenovo g series laptops :: g40 80 Lenovo PC Support  ?

0 Likes

your going to enter your model # you have on your machine and chose your operating system then it should list the drivers available. I would make sure you have the latest graphics driver they have listed. You could make sure your chipset driver is up to date too, or that Windows hasn't replaced a good one with the wrong one.

0 Likes

He has to install both the Intel and the AMD graphics drivers...as shown. The Intel driver must be installed first.

0 Likes

i tried what kingfish said exactly,but nothing changed,the same problem,at over 60 fps with vsync of i lag,but with vsync on it's all smooth

0 Likes

What is wrong with 60fps?

there is nothing wrong,the problem is that i have my laptop for 2 years now,and never had this problem before,it started 2 months ago,before this when i got over 60fps it still run smooth,but now is horrible.

0 Likes

You said " ,the same problem,at over 60 fps with vsync of i lag,but with vsync on it's all smooth "

Why don't you leave vsync on? What's wrong with 60fps?

0 Likes

as i said,there is nothing wrong with vsync on and 60fps,but why it started 2 moths ago to do this? to get over 60fps as i used to but to causes lag.

0 Likes

yes, you used to be fine over 60 fps, but even then your screen can't show you more frames than the refresh rate of your monitor/video mode , double check the refresh rate of the video mode your using,(some only go to 30)  It's a waste to work your video card harder than you need to anyway, even when it said 100 fps, you only ever saw 60 anyway, lest you have 120hz monitor hooked up.

exactly, kinda like saying, 'when i turn the fan on high, it spins backwards'

0 Likes
feinedish
Adept I

I have an r7 series, and yes when the frame rate goes over 60, It also stutters, yours eyes can't see much faster than like 35 fps anyway, I just capped it at 60, that's plenty, or use vsync, just make sure your video mode isn't lower than 60hz.  if that helps

0 Likes