Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

escapppe
Journeyman III

VSR ignoring Wattman voltage settings

Hello,

i have a problem using virtuel super resolution (VSR) with my undervolted ASUS Strix Vega 64. As soon as a resolution provided by VSR is used the voltage settings on Wattman are ignored. This does not, like people on the web try to explain, result from higher demand on the GPU or some sort of dynamic voltage scaling.

I tested the same resolution that VSR provides with the custom resolution utility (CRU) to be sure. My testing was made on following parameters: P7 - 1562mHz - 1000mV // Divinity Sin 2 (identical savegame)

My results have been:Screenshot_20190204-192715.png

As you can see: native resolution and the downsampled resolution from CRU behave nearly the same. The downsampled resolution with VSR ignored the voltage settings on P7 that resultat in higher watt consumption and higher temperatures therefor lower frames per second.

Is this a known bug AMD is working on?

1 Reply
amd4lfnvidia
Journeyman III

I have the same problem using VSR with my Vega 64. I have wattman set to my undervolted settings but if I use VSR it does not always obey it. The division game I have seen spikes over 2000mhz with high power draw as an example. My monitor native res is 1920x1080 and I set in game res to 1440p when it happens.

0 Likes