cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

phenixn70
Adept II

VSR does not work correctly at R9 390 for 6 months.

Beginning with driver Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2, when VSR is ON in AMD Radeon Settings lose the ability to select a 3200x1800 screen resolution for a display connected via HDMI (and recently through DVI) (I have Panasonic-TV TX-LR32X5). My TV is HDReady. In driver 18.12.1 and earlier this opportunity is.
And one more problem - when I choose the remaining available VSR resolution 2560х1440, then the active resolution 720p is turned on instead of 1080p. Previously, when I chose 3200x10800 I had an active signal 1080p.
My system:
CPU Intel Core i5-4460
Motherboard MSI B85-G41 PC Mate
System Memory 16311 MB  (DDR3 SDRAM)
Video Adapter MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G
Radeon Software Version 19.5.2
Windows Version Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) 1903
Monitor Panasonic TV model - TX-LR32X5 (supports 1080p60Hz)

P.S. I already wrote 2 times to tech support and sent 2 times the report, but this has not been fixed, and the support responds with a couple of standard tips, and then silence.

I have already raised this problem here earlier on the forum (Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) does not work on TV with HD ready through HDMI ), in the end it was approximately fixed in six months, but now some idiot did it again.

Screenshot-554.png

Screenshot-555.png

Screenshot-586.pngScreenshot-587.png

UPDATE:

Now I installed the latest video drivers 19.6.2 And now in the list all modes of 1920x1080 modes for my TV it became recommended (see photo) and after turning ON the VSR, now the image is not reset to 720p. That's all. The most important thing is that there is no possibility to choose a resolution of 3200x1800 and 2560x1440 that works with an active 720p signal and has not been fixed.

Screenshot-592.pngScreenshot-593.pngScreenshot-5541.pngScreenshot-5901.png

UPDATE2: I tried to make a clean installation of 19.6.2 using the DDU - nothing has changed, which is a pity.

54 Replies

Guys you need to keep filing support tickets on this with AMD, all of you:  Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes

I have already sent about 5 reports. How much should I send 10, 100? I'm tired of doing this, because I think this will not have any effect, only public discussion can help.

0 Likes

I guess you can stop whenever you want. Not sure how public discussion helps over the support requests as AMD driver team gets those reports and they have Zero involvement in these forums and never see what is posted here. Unless you mean it is helpful in a therapeutic way for the stress the situation is causing. AMD only gives one way to communicate with them and that is those support tickets. 

0 Likes

By the way, this is not so. I noticed that there are developers who read and even respond in the comments. Because after the discussion on this topic, there was a small change in one driver, which was discussed here, but then it was removed in the next driver.

0 Likes

Really? Where is the link to that? What you likely saw was a "moderator" not AMD driver development. I have not once seen an AMD developer here, not once. I have seen them on AMD's reddit feed. AMD even says right in the links in the forum headers that this is a USER TO USER forum only. There a 3 regular AMD mods that are support engineers one from the pro team, not driver developers, that moderate. There involvement equates to maybe being involved in 1 out of 100 posts here tops. They do help when they can and it is great when they do but it can't be counted on when or if it happens. Even they will tell you they just pass along the information to the driver team in similar way that you can by filling out a support ticket. They do though offer great insight when they get involved and I wish it happened a lot more.

I too have seen many things fixed in drivers that the mods got involved in and passed on to the driver team. And for every one of those I have seen many more people helped by the community as intended by this forum. Then there are many issues unresolved that the mods are not getting involved in and we can't solve, so the more people that report it through the only official channel AMD gives us the better chance the community has of getting the issues resolved.

Taken right from AMD forum guidelines in the headers if you can't find it your self:

"This is a user to user English language only Support Forum. Information or opinions contained in any posts are those solely of the user making the post and are in no way validated by, or the opinions of, AMD, including our moderators. Use of any information on this board is done so AT YOUR OWN RISK and all information is provided "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. While we may at time respond to posts, AMD makes no warranties or claims regarding the validity of any information posted by users on this board."

------------

You are certainly entitled to believe whatever you want. In the event you do or did find an actual driver developer here that is great to, but certainly is not the norm and if you want help, I would not hold my breath waiting for that to happen. I would submit a support ticket as AMD asks. You however can pin your hopes on it getting fixed however you like. It's your card not mine. I do wish you the best of luck.

I wrote about this in the topic header in the update.

UPDATE:

Now I installed the latest video drivers 19.6.2 And now in the list all modes of 1920x1080 modes for my TV it became recommended (see photo) and after turning ON the VSR, now the image is not reset to 720p. That's all. The most important thing is that there is no possibility to choose a resolution of 3200x1800 and 2560x1440 that works with an active 720p signal and has not been fixed.

0 Likes

This is a 100% driver problem, not later versions of Windows 10. The developers just scored and do not want to return 1800p. Already there was once this https://community.amd.com/thread/202455  and six months later returned. But this time it’s not destiny at all.

0 Likes
umardurrani
Journeyman III

Hey i found a solution i have 1 r9 380 2gb i had the same problem as you.

Turn off Super Resolution and GPU SCALING in AMD Control Centre

Download Custom Resolution utility

Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) 

before opening CRU open rest of the programs included restart all, restart and restart 64.

open CRU as Administrator in the program you will see detailed resolutions and in them there will be 1366 x 768 and 1280 x 720 delete 1366 resolution and add 1920 x 1080. use the arrows to make it above 1280 x 720.

It might ask you to restart as it will say next to your display name( note 1080p should be above 720p)Custom Resolution Utility 8_24_2019 12_50_35 PMdsad.jpg

(sorry for bad drawing) after asking for restart. restart your pc i like to restart my tv as well dont know what it does.

after your pc is booted go to display settings and 1920 x 1080p should be recommended resolution.

go to AMD Control Center turn on Virtual super resolution and every resolution above 1080p like 2k and 4k will output on 1080p not on 720p or 1366 hope this helps.

Sorry, but I didn’t understand anything. On my monitor, Dell already has a native resolution of 1920x1080. What should I add to the CRU program for 3200x1800 to appear? Screenshot-721.jpg

0 Likes

I have two rigs... One with a R9 290 and one with R9 290X. VSR 1800p only works on my R9 290 since I haven't updated the drivers. On that rig, I'm still on 18.5.1. On my R9 290X-rig I have the latest drivers and I'm also stuck at 1440p VSR on that one. Both rigs have latest windows updates. So it has to be a driver issue. You can always try to roll back to 18.5.1. The only reason I stayed on that old driver version is the fact that I got reduced performance in Quake Champions after updating the to the latest drivers. Maybe they're rolling out bad drivers because they want us to upgrade to newer cards?

0 Likes

Most likely there are very few users of these video cards left. And there is not enough mass appeal and complaints.

0 Likes

I have now solved the problem!
You have to roll back the drivers all the way back to 18.5.1. This will enable 3200x1800 through VSR.
For some reason it's not possible to post links but just do a google search for AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 and download from guru3d. Make sure to uninstall your current drivers using DDU and run it in safe mode.

I'm not sure if a more up to date version might work as well, but this at least works for sure.

0 Likes

I know about that. 1800p is available until 18.12.1 inclusive. But I need the latest drivers, because I use Windows 10 1903 and play new games.

0 Likes

Hum... Yeah... I got like 15fps at most in Assassin's Creed Odyssey even with lowest settings in 1080p with the old driver. So I updated the drivers again. The R9 290X was perfect for otimizing settings in 1800p and locked 30fps for slow pased games and DS4 controller. The more people that reports this, the greater the chance they will solve it, right? Do you have any idea how to report a bug like this?

0 Likes

I write technical support periodically https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form and it is advisable to send an error report to each new driver output. https://www.feedback.amd.com/se/5A1E27D236A2E684

0 Likes