cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

volk-asv
Journeyman III

VRAM overflow

I've experienced crashes 3 times in a row in Detroit Become Human, and I've noticed something strange.After 1st launch I saw that 4.4Gb of VRAM were used. Crash - restart - 2nd launch - 4.7Gb of VRAM. And after 3rd launch I saw that this time it takes 4.9Gb. I suppose that something is not working right there. BTW, I prefer using sleep-mode instead of turning off my PC, thus I often get significant uptime and once I noticed that some game is running poorly, with noticeably reduced FPS, I'm enabling radeon stats overlay and there I saw like 6Gb of VRAM used, and since 2Gb are taken from RAM - that becomes a problem and performance killer. I guess some VRAM cleaning mechanism is broken. 

Summarizing:

The issue affects whole system, as it's experienced in any\every application.

Terms of reproducing the issue: Using a PC. Maybe using it for a prolonged term of time. (Approximately 1 hour without a reboot)

My PSU - beQuiet!  System Power 9 500W less than 1 year old. 

Everything else is included in a DxDiag file.

0 Likes
1 Reply

VRAM usage wouldn't cause a program to crash. A memory leak would as Windows kills the offending program, but not VRAM. I would suggest using a program called WhoCrashed to determine the cause of crashing, as it may be your video card drivers or OS.

0 Likes