cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) NOT WORKING!!!

They still have not fixed Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) working with HDTV's for a lot of us. When we click the VSR toggle to on, it quickly turns on for 1 second and then turns off.  This has been broken since Crimson 6.3. The last known VSR working for HDTV's was AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.2.1. All drivers from 6.3.x onward has no VSR working for a huge amount of people that use a large screen HDTV. Pretty messed up because tons of people on various PC/Tech forums, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook,etc,etc,etc have been reporting this and of course AMD Support forums. Bummer, really sucks not being able to use it for months now, lots of folks are getting fed up, its a fairly important feature that should of been at the top of the list to be fixed by AMD software developers.  I currently use a 55inch Panasonic Plasma with a R9 390, Intel 3770K. Lots of people with LCD's have the same issue along with those that use their home theater receiver for HDMI video in/out. I do not use my receiver for HDMI in/out. My PC/video card is directly connected to my HDTV, in case dev's need to know but overall its both users that connect directly to HDTV from PC along with those that use their receiver for hdmi in/out.

58 Replies
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) NOT WORKING!!!

What is your native resolution and refresh rate?

Did you download and install your display's drivers?

What model do you have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of this issue, apologies for any inconvenience caused. We hope to have a fix for it in a future Crimson driver.

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

I have the exact same problem. Newest Crimson software, R280, VSR worked fine until some previous version.

Now, since the last couple versions of Crimson, VSR does not work anymore, just like skitz stated in his post.

AMD, please get this fixed. This feature has been working before!
What's the worst thing you can do to a child? First give the sweets, then take them back. Same with AMD, VSR and its users! :-P

THANKS for fixing this with high priority!

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

You have been saying you are aware of the issue for months now. It's a pretty important feature and by not fixing it you are really alienating some of your fanbase. It's pretty clear that nvidia are the top dogs these days so you really need all the support you can get! I am only an AMD convert for a short while and I'm already starting to regret it.

The feature was there before and you broke it. Please fix it.

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Hello Matt,

according to the feedback of many AMD users, the currently broken VSR feature is frustrating a lot of your customers.
As you stated before, AMD is aware of this problem. Please give us an update on when a fix might be implemented in a new Crimson driver.

Regards,

Jonathan

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is no further update yet. I'm going to send you a private message, as i have with others in this thread, to collect more information about your TV.

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Hi Matt,

thanks for giving a response so quickly, although it's bad to hear there's no concrete update yet.

What I can tell you is: This is no problem of a special TV model or brand. I, for example, use a BenQ W1070 FHD-beamer.

Other people affected by this problem use Samsung or Panasonic FHD-TVs. The only thing these devices have in common: They are being recognized as HD TV screens by Crimson software, which obviously makes VSR not work.

I will be glad hearing again from you. But I'm afraid this topic will get bumped up in the forum if there's no progress anytime soon.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please respond to the private message i sent you, that will help.

Highlighted

YES. I'm suffering from the same problem with my hdtv projector. I cannot activate VSR anymore. This is killing me because I have two Fury X's and the second one I can no longer use for VSR..which was really the intent. I've tied various programs, looked for registry hacks, etc and cannot find a way to fix this.