Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) does not work on TV with HD ready through HDMI

Since drivers 16.3 (the latter which working 16.2.1) does not turn on virtual super resolution on a TV via hdmi. Perhaps this is due to the fact that the resolution of the TV 1366x768 and the developers decided for me that I do not need 2-4K resolution with small resolution, but my TV supports full hd (HD ready) and set the settings resolution 3200x1800 in games, i get a little clearer picture and most importantly smoothing pictures. I do not turn on anti-aliasing in games, because it lathers picture and VSR suit me completely. Please return the VSR on monitors with a small resolution via HDMI. On the monitor via DVI, which has a native resolution of 1920x1080 VSR works.

Video card - R9 390

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) does not work on TV with HD ready through HDMI

Hi phenixn,
obviously the people at AMD are aware of this problem. Take a look at Re: Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) NOT WORKING!!!  where people are discussing this issue.
Feel free to post in that thread, so it stays alive and AMD tech hurries up to get us a fixed driver for VSR on HD TV displays.

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) does not work on TV with HD ready through HDMI

I repeat my question: Why for resolution 1366 X 768 @ 60 left only 1920 X 1080 VSR? I do not understand. I can do that for my TV set the 1920 x 1080 and without VSR. Return 3200 x 1800 for all resolutions !!! Why did the developers decide for me what I need resolution in VSR mode and invent artificial limitations?