cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mitch0416
Journeyman III

Video TDR Error atikmpag.sys with Ryzen 5 2400g. Drivers are up to date and so is windows drivers. How can I fix this.

It is mainly happening when playing games. I can play games for a little bit then it will just go black mid play. My drivers are completely up to date. I am wondering if it is because I only have one RAM stick with the Ryzen 5 2400g APU which kind of needs 2 sticks to maximize performance. I have a GPU and another stick of RAM on the way to my house right now. What is the problem to this? Please help me.

0 Likes
5 Replies
mitch0416
Journeyman III

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

MOBO - ASUS Prime B350M-E

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX (1x8gb) 2666MHz

Power Supply - Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+

Case - Masterbox Q300P mATX

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

That is my build as of now. Does everything look okay?

0 Likes

Could be 1 of 100 things.

I made a thread earlier on the issue... but I haven't solved it either...   VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE ~ Atikmpag.sys | with Ryzen APU'S (Ryzen 5 2400G + Ryzen 3 2200G)

0 Likes
matarlok
Journeyman III

I just got a x470 mini Itx 2400g and it will simply not run...not to mention I am a bit pissed off -_- so far from all I can gather on forums, videos this is a pretty wide spread issue.

Tried 2 set of ram thinking it would work..even QVL ram kits are useless. Installing Windows 10 1703 did "stable boot" bit I could not find working AMD drivers for that version...So you can't run any games.

I'm getting a bit hopeless over here I did contact AMD about the issue but I'm not holding my breath on anything.

If this is a software issue I don't think AMD will take the time to fix it and if it's hardware related people stuck with this issue are just stuck with 1000$ paper weight.

Here to hopping AMD does anything for people affected by this problem ...if I get any info I'll post everything here.

0 Likes
yoyodipit
Adept I

For me it was the RAM module. Got it RMA'ed and now it all works flawlessly.

0 Likes