Jump to solution
  • Radeon RX480 4GB
  • Desktop
  • Win10 Pro 64bit (1803)
  • Radeon software and driver 18.4.1
  • One 12" WUXGA screen connected via HDMI
  • Ryzen 7 1700X on an ASRock AB350M Pro4
  • 16GB RAM

Youtube videos in Firefox 59.0.3 (64bit) frequently stop playing back the video part. Audio is fine, everything keeps running, there does not appear to be an impact on any other applications, just the video stops. Sometimes it recovers by itself after about a minute, and seeking to any position in the video reliably makes stuff play again. The problem so far does not occur with older graphics drivers (used 18.3.1 before the update and now downgraded to 18.3.4).

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Video freeze with 18.4.1 - Firefox and RX 480

Jump to solution

Please can you update to 18.5.2 and let us know if you still experience this issue? ray_m

View solution in original post

26 Replies
erroneus
Adept I

Re: Video freeze with 18.4.1 (Win10 1803)

Jump to solution

I'm seeing the same problem in YouTube.

Also on 18.4.1 in Win 10 1803. Using a Sapphire RX580 8GB Nitro+.

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Tried Chrome?

plumboby
Miniboss

Jump to solution

um weird as i got a build on the 1803 with 18.4.1 drivers no issues with You tube or anything you have posted. Did you do the installs a clean installs or just as an update as it makes a huge diffrence. I clean install 10 on ssd with a DDU dump before I ever clean install 18.4.1 drivers or any AMD drivers. My builds run nothing special still use Windows defender/ Edge & ccleaner without an issue considering this build was plagued by issues due to nvidia drivers. Its not the 1803 or 18.4.1 drivers can tell you that its either the way its been installed or something conflicting you drivers to cause this. My stepson leaves his You Tube running when he goes to sleep with out it cutting out stuttering or replaying fire it up in the moring from where he left off no issues. Could be you internet connection to. All desktops in my house are on 300mb add in wifi cards they chop back when the networks maxs out but You tube not effected thinking maybe you internet more.

0 Likes
erroneus
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yes it works in Chrome.

It seems to be an issue with Firefox, Win 10 1803 and the 18.4.1 drivers.

Gonna try a reinstall of the 18.4.1 driver later and see if it helps.

erroneus
Adept I

Jump to solution

Not a clean install, but going to do one in a couple of days as I'm building a new Ryzen 7 2700X system. Not my Internet, works fine in Chrome, but not in Firefox. Works fine on a Lenovo T460s and a Surface Pro 4, both with Firefox and Win 10 1803.

It seems to be an issue with Firefox, Win 10 1803 and the 18.4.1 drivers.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Just use edge its better than those 3rd party junkers they promote as browsers, stick with the tried a true Edge works wonders.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

I have seen this in Firefox randomly too. It just varies from video to video not sure if it is a certain encoder that it has issue with or what. Have seen this in earlier drivers and then it was fixed again. As said it works in other browsers so not a biggie. Open a support ticket to let AMD know about it, the more that do the faster it gets resolved. I already did. Here is the link for the support ticket: Email Form

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Jump to solution

firefox is known to be problematic with youtube which has has been rebuilt to fight off adblocking

0 Likes
sdancer
Adept I

Jump to solution

Can't say I've had much issues with video playback before. There was a time when Firefox would pretty reliably TDR AMD drivers regardless of programme (because who in their right mind uses Direct2D, I mean, come on, not even Microsoft themselves seem to be dogfooding it), but the video freezes appear specific to 18.4.1.

0 Likes