cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jodekirk
Journeyman III

Video card stuck at only 30hz at 4k

The new Dec 2019 update breaks the 60hz at 4K on my R9 380 vid card. Had to install an older version to get back to 60hz.

0 Likes
9 Replies
alexha
Journeyman III

I'm currently having the same issue. I updated the drivers for my R9 390 and suddenly my main Monitor went blank. I can only use my Monitor (4k) at 30Hz which sucks. I installed older drivers but wasn't able to restore the system to what it was. Would you mind telling me what exactly I have to do to revert the changes? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
wainoki
Adept I

Any idea when was it working for you guys last time? I also want 60Hz but don't know which driver is good to use. BTW are you using HDMI or DP cable?

0 Likes

I restored windows to an earlier build and the driver back a month. Using

display port to HDMI adapter.

0 Likes

I see this old thread in forum - 4k 60hz on R9 390 Driver bug 
Maybe HDMI never worked at 60hz for 4k. I switched to DP and it runs 60hz just fine.

0 Likes

I use DisplayPort with my panel and I have an RX 480 and no problems. HDMI has been too flakey for my tastes.

0 Likes
jodekirk
Journeyman III

After upgrading to Win 10 version 2004 build 19041.1 the 30hz problem went away. Finally I don't have to revert to a previous build!

0 Likes

jodekirk wrote:

After upgrading to Win 10 version 2004 build 19041.1 the 30hz problem went away. Finally I don't have to revert to a previous build!

I was not aware you were using beta versions of Windows. You should have mentioned that as there are different features in that version.

0 Likes
jodekirk
Journeyman III

I installed the newest AMD driver, win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.1.3-jan20, and the 30hz problem returned. The fix/workaround was to completely uninstall AMD drivers and use the Windows Update driver instead.
I'm on Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.21.

0 Likes

jodekirk wrote:

I installed the newest AMD driver, win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.1.3-jan20, and the 30hz problem returned. The fix/workaround was to completely uninstall AMD drivers and use the Windows Update driver instead.
I'm on Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.21.

there are still a lot of bugs in the next version of windows 10 which is starting with a new code base similar to last year. Microsoft has been fixing lots of bugs but there are still lots more to fix.

0 Likes