shelli
Journeyman III

Video Card not working after Windows update 8/15/2020

So, I am running

Intel Quad Core  i7-4470S  @ 3.10 GHz

16 GB RAM

Radeon RX570 Series

Win 10 Pro 

This PC is fairly new and I don't have much on it yet . Everything was running great . Microsuc been asking me to install updates for a week , so I finally did it . This was 2 days ago on 8/15/2020 . When my pc rebooted the resolution was all wonky . As in HUGE. I just went into display and readjusted the resolution and thought the issue fixed. I been messing around online but only doing browser stuff and a browser game. Last night , I logged into Epic and it was REAL SLOW , I loaded Witcher 3. Took a good 5 minutes to load . After the game loaded , nothing moved . All commands , mouse, keys  etc took till the count of 25 to respond and I didn't know what I was going to get.  I tried restarting the game , I tried going to an earlier game save. I tried restarting computer. I checked for latest video card drivers . In the meantime I am getting a 100% CPU  reading .  I have since dumped my web cache for Epic, tried starting in admin.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Raedon Video card  . I decided to try Steam . Same thing . 

In Radeon properties I am getting messages .

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67DF&SUBSYS_E3871DA2&REV_EF\4&1286464&0&0008 requires further installation.

After my last install attempt it says the device is working properly , still getting the same message as above. But BEFORE I did the re install the "working properly message" said Windows shut off this device because there is something wrong . 

Help please. I have noticed a couple other posts with similar issues . Thank you all for your help and time . I am ASSUMING this is a conlfict with Windows and AMD , and I HOPING people are working on it !  Any reply is appreciated .

Shelli

0 Likes
2 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

You can fix operating system problems by reinstalling it. But some OS issues may require re-installation with an USB stick. So...

+ You should uninstall the old display driver using DDU and Windows safe mode and try the latest driver with that... https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570 
+ Or you should re-install the OS. For this I suggest you create the USB stick with the latest Windows. So you have to download Windows10 again.

0 Likes

I did this also , I actually have windows on a stick    Spent most of yesterday messing with it . Did some reading . Apparently these 570 series cards have comptability issues . I mean, idk, that's just what I been reading . This pc was SUPPOSE to come with a Nvidia 1060 , and there was a "mix up"  I took part the blame , because I PUSHED them to get it too me. My old pc had a power supply getting ready to die and I couldnt wait WEEKS . Regardless, I contacted the company, whom I will give a shout out , because they have been AWESOME . No hassle. If theres a problem they fix it and fast . Cobratype  is the name of the company . You can get their pc's through Newegg , but I think they have better deals if you go directly to their site . ANYWAY , they shipped me the Nvidia card this morning . So...woot!  But I thank you for replying . This information could be very useful to others . ESPECIALLY if it had something to do with Win update . Thank you for your time.

Shelli