cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

abrazive
Journeyman III

Re: VGA EZ-Debug Led on after installing drivers and restarting shows black screen

Yes, I've tried Bios 7C02v36 and the issue was still there. Someone online says that the v35 was more stable so i'm runnning it now, but the problem is still there. I,m in support with Gigabyte and they says that the motherboard us faulty, and Msi says that the GPU is faulty

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: VGA EZ-Debug Led on after installing drivers and restarting shows black screen

Can you try the GPU in a different system to test it? That should help determine which part (if any) is faulty.

0 Likes
abrazive
Journeyman III

I've tested another GPU in the new computer and it worked fine, and old HD6850, with "up to date" drivers that i'm currentyl runnin in my work pc. Not boot issues. I sure can try to 5600XT in my old computer but I find it risky to crash my old working one

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you try it in a different PCI-E lane than the first slot? Also put the PCI-E Gen to 3.0 on whichever lane you use.

abrazive
Journeyman III

I've tried the 5600 in my old system I got a black screen on boot with 0_ in the bottom right. I didn't do the DDU so I've put the old one DDU And reinstall the 5600 in the old system. Black screen with 0_ in the bottom right

0 Likes
abrazive
Journeyman III

Just did the pci-e to gen 3 and tried de two slots. same results, black screen on boot, or freeze on desktop in about 1 minutes

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please start your own discussion and do not hijack this one. 

0 Likes
nelegal7
Adept I

I need to talk with an AMD employee. I'm desperate

0 Likes
abrazive
Journeyman III

amdmatt Any developement on this situation? From what I see, this is only a cold boot problem, since when I sit in the bios and boot i can play games for 2 hours. except that while I'm idle, it will sometimes hang and crash, so cant use the computer for telework (? is that even the good word haha)

0 Likes