Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

abrazive
Journeyman III

VGA EZ-Debug Led on after installing drivers and restarting shows black screen

Hi,

So I'm having a lot of issues with my brand new gigabyte RX5600xt on my brand new build

R5 3600

Tomahawk Max

G.Skills 3200 16gb

EVGA 600 BR 80+

So to make it simple, the GPU only work on a fresh install of windows without any video divers.

I've tried;

Update 20.2.2

Udpate 20.4.2

Flash the bios to FA0 and F2 the original one was F60.

Switching the PCI-E in the bios to GEN3 and not auto.

Clear CMOS

All of these steps we're made on a fresh install at each time while uninstalling chipset with AMD clean utility. DDU the graphics driver, reboot, install graphics drivers, reboot, install chipset, reboot.

Upon restart, I get a blackscreen and the VGA EZ-Debug Led is on.

Any advice on what to do next.

Thanks,

0 Likes
19 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

I think you have to wait until 20.5.1 come out.

0 Likes

Well, that is not very useful for a 4 month old card to wait for drivers again, no? SO everyone with this card suffer from this issues?

0 Likes

The BIOS is the culprit for the red LED being on. There are lots of problems with RAM and video cards.

0 Likes

Thanks, for the reply. motherboard bios or gpu bios? are you saying that there is an incompatibility issues between my RAM and my GPU?

0 Likes

abrazive wrote:

Thanks, for the reply. motherboard bios or gpu bios? are you saying that there is an incompatibility issues between my RAM and my GPU?

I have personally seen lots of that in my studio

0 Likes

Ok Thanls, I'll look into that

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

Many people said if's caused by PSU. Can you change it and try again?

0 Likes

I don't have another one to try, i'll send the computer to another local shop because the first one said everything was ok but didn't test the parts, only re-format... we'll check all the components...

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Have you tried updating the motherboard BIOS to the latest version?

If you have tried that it sounds like the GPU may be faulty. 

0 Likes

Yes, I've tried Bios 7C02v36 and the issue was still there. Someone online says that the v35 was more stable so i'm runnning it now, but the problem is still there. I,m in support with Gigabyte and they says that the motherboard us faulty, and Msi says that the GPU is faulty

0 Likes

Can you try the GPU in a different system to test it? That should help determine which part (if any) is faulty.

0 Likes

I've tested another GPU in the new computer and it worked fine, and old HD6850, with "up to date" drivers that i'm currentyl runnin in my work pc. Not boot issues. I sure can try to 5600XT in my old computer but I find it risky to crash my old working one

0 Likes

Can you try it in a different PCI-E lane than the first slot? Also put the PCI-E Gen to 3.0 on whichever lane you use.

I've tried the 5600 in my old system I got a black screen on boot with 0_ in the bottom right. I didn't do the DDU so I've put the old one DDU And reinstall the 5600 in the old system. Black screen with 0_ in the bottom right

0 Likes

Just did the pci-e to gen 3 and tried de two slots. same results, black screen on boot, or freeze on desktop in about 1 minutes

0 Likes

Please start your own discussion and do not hijack this one. 

0 Likes

I need to talk with an AMD employee. I'm desperate

0 Likes

amdmatt Any developement on this situation? From what I see, this is only a cold boot problem, since when I sit in the bios and boot i can play games for 2 hours. except that while I'm idle, it will sometimes hang and crash, so cant use the computer for telework (? is that even the good word haha)

0 Likes

did you fix this problem? I have the exact same problem and I don't know how to solve it

0 Likes