cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

llmikeybll
Adept I

Re: Very high CPU core voltage!

So I've tried multiple monitor programs (HWmonitor, Ryzen, Speccy, Sidebar Diagnostics)... Temperatures are good in idle and under stress (32/66°c). But more interestingly core voltages averaging 1.28v.

This must be the true voltage, but I can't understand why the BIOS and CPU-z still record it 1.6v and why my system wouldn't boot previously until now. 

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

1.28v is normal with running CPUZ benchmark. According to what does CPUZ report vcore, I do not know. But I tried HWmonitor and I can accept this program statistics are correct. CPUZ is reading and reporting with the BIOS. I am learning this from you. But why is the BIOS showing high value? I do not know. You can ask for help from someone who useing AMD CPU with creating new topic on CPU forum section. I think there is nothing to worry about. Goodbye...

0 Likes
llmikeybll
Adept I

So I'm still getting "CPU Over Voltage Error! Press F1 to Run Setup" when booting... I can bypass this by disabling Core Voltage Monitoring in BIOS and use my computer fine (no overheating etc), but it doesn't sit right with me!

Even When manually changing the Voltage in BIOS and restarting it wont change it, running out of ideas, could the board/cpu be faulty?

20200420_011226.jpg

0 Likes