cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cirdane
Journeyman III

Vega memory clock bug with multiple monitors

The memory clock on my Vega 56 randomly gets stuck at the max value (800mhz stock) since a few driver versions ago. I think the problem started in 19.4.1. It was supposedly fixed in 19.5.1 according to the release notes but it wasn't. I'm currently on 19.6.1 and the bug is still there.

Seems to be a fairly random bug, as in sometimes it'll get stuck at max clock even while I'm doing nothing and the computer is completely idle, sometimes it'll fix itself eventually and go back down to the normal idle values, sometimes a restart is needed. I can't find any pattern to the bug.

My monitor setup is 1440p144Hz main + 1080p60Hz secondary monitor.

3 Replies
dreep
Adept I

hello,i'm usinggoogle translator
same problem with vega 56 on windows 10, Clocks stuck in ide

167mhz - 762Mv : normal when the computer starts
500mhz - 899Mv : first symptom after 10 minutes of surfing the internet

800mhz - 1200Mv :all the time, until it restarts

this does not happen in windows 7,
same drivers for both windows: 19.5.2

0 Likes

V64 I'm not able to set my hbm memory state voltages except on the maximum state, perhaps setting them to auto might be advisable for all but the highest state - though I still have the issue only ocasionally. 

0 Likes
jdrobinson314
Challenger

Had this issue when undervolting my 64 but I can usually stun the system out of it by opening chrome or the task manager, it only seems to hang on to ( 856 mhz ) when I have some monitoring program running. I can't  reliably repeat the issue.

This was a know issue is some patch notes so it may be a lingering issue in some circumstances. 

0 Likes