cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

anamyd
Journeyman III

Vega 8 in 3200G stopped by Windows (code 43) when initial display output in BIOS set to my PCIe GPU.

Hi,

My PC has a Gigabyte B450M-DS3H motherboard with a Ryzen 3 3200G CPU/APU with Radeon Vega 8 iGPU, but also has a PCIe graphics card installed, which happens to be an NVidia GTX 1050 Ti.

Until today I was using only that card outputting to my 40" 4K monitor, but today I added my 720p 22" as a second monitor running off the 3200G's Vega 8 iGPU, and the two-monitor setup works fine in Windows when the initial display output BIOS setting is "IGD Video".

However, the POST screen and BIOS setup of course display on the second (22") monitor (and I don't want that to happen).

The problem I'm having is if I change the initial display output BIOS setting to "PCIe 1 Slot", while that makes the POST screen and BIOS setup display on the first (40") monitor as I want them to, when in Windows the two-monitor setup doesn't work anymore, with only the 40" monitor and PCIe graphics card working.

In Windows (10) Device Manager ---> Display adaptors, AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics changes to having a warning triangle and a device status in its properties of "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)".

I've read the thread Fresh Install - Code 43 w/ Vega 8 - AMD Community, and the OP's reply of the ‎12th of August 2018 at 12:34pm is what got me to where I'm at, but the end goal is to both have the POST screen and BIOS setup display on the 40" monitor and  for the two-monitor setup (40" as first and 22" as second) to work when in Windows, not one or the other.

To achieve this, I believe Windows shouldn't stop the Vega 8 iGPU device when the initial display output BIOS setting is "PCIe 1 Slot". Does anyone know what would need to be done to resolve the issue, if possible...?

If so, that would be appreciated, thanks!

0 Likes
0 Replies