Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

newman1313
Newcomer

Vega 64 windows 10 code 43

Problem: sapphire vega 64 install on windows 10 code 43

System: (old I know) Core 2 quad @3.6 , 4 gb ram, 1kw psu, 250 gb samsung ssd evo 850

I had win 7 installed on this rig and installed the video card without issue. ran for a week. Decided to upgrade to windows 10 and got a code 43 error. Device manager shows the driver but has the caution triangle. lists code 43 in properties.  Ive tried going back to 7 on a fresh install and ran into desktop windows manager issues and radeon setting would never load... Ive tried multiple reinstalls of the current and older radeon drivers. DDU in safe mode/out of safe mode. Ive bought another PSU and tried that. Stripped all other drives out....   The kicker is that I can install my old r9 280 and everything works great again. 

Anything I'm missing before I send this thing back? Im currently piecing parts together for a ryzen 3 build and wanted this card.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Here is Microsoft explanation of Code 43 in Device Manager:

Since you have only 4 gbytes of RAM, is your Windows version x32 or x64?  AMD Vega64 has no x32 Windows driver only x64.

Here is the latest  Vega64 driver from AMD: Radeon™ RX Vega 64 Drivers & Support | AMD 

Found this Reddit Thread concerning something similar using a Vega64 with Windows 10 on an old Motherboard: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6x0t98/rx_vega_64_not_working_on_pci_express_20/ 

It is possible your motherboard is not compatible with Windows 10 unless there is a new BIOS update that would make it compatible.

elstaci,

Thank you for the response. I have read the link and while I do have an old rig I do not believe it is the problem. I have pulled the vega out and installed an old r9 200 series card and everything runs without issue on 10. I do have windows installed as 64bit. Im at a loss. I waiting to build with new amd platform and am willing to sit on the Vega for a little more time if it is just an issue with my old hardware but if the card has issues I guess I need to send it back?

Thanks again for your time.

0 Likes

I guess I would wait for your new AMD Platform. By then maybe better Vega64 Drivers will be released.

Just make sure your Warranty on the Vega64 doesn't expire before you build your new AMD computer. If you believe the Warranty will expire before you build the new AMD computer, it is best to find a solution now and determine whether you should RMA the card.

If interested you could open an AMD Support Ticket and see what they suggest from here: Online Service Request | AMD  and you might want to open a Online AMD Warranty Request to see if they believe your Vega64 should be RMAed from here: AMD Warranty Request Form | AMD 

Either way good luck!

EDIT: I remember reading this current AMD Thread concerning Vega64. It isn't the same problem but the correct answer might help your problem if it isn't connected the way it is mentioned in the thread: https://community.amd.com/thread/224016 

0 Likes