cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lmontoia
Journeyman III

Vega 64 Problems - Core Clock and memory variations, Pc shutdowns, hard resets, black screens while gaming!

Hi all,

First of all, my specs are :

Radeon Software Version - 19.3.1
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019
Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX Vega
High Bandwidth Cache Size - 8176 MB
High Bandwidth Cache Type - HBM2
Core Clock - 1630 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 32 GB
CPU Type - AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor

Motherboard : Asus Sabertooth 990Fx R2.0

32 Gb Ddr3 1600Mhz

Ssd : Samsung Evo 250Gb

I have just sign in to tell all of the people that are having all this issues, that can easily be fixed.

Just Stop and Disable the Amd Service "AMD External Events Utility".

I was driving completely nuts, for about a month that I have bought my amazing sapphire vega 64 nitro+.

The clock and memory jumping all around, low fps, hard resets, etc, etc... I have read so many forums of mullions of good people having all these kind of errors, and all of them have their own solution to try to fix all these errors.

I cannot believe how AMD engineers have not fixed all of these problems with the new drivers, and the culprit was all along "AMD External Events Utility".

Now I can enjoy my new and amazing graphic card.

Please Amd, FIX your drivers!

0 Likes
2 Replies
abigoldoofus
Adept I

Didn't fix it for me sadly...

0 Likes
lmontoia
Journeyman III

Hi abigoldoofus.

Plenty of people say that having the vega 56/64 plugged in with two different pcie cables helped, and fixed these problems.

For me was only disabling "AMD External Events Utility", befor that I have tried million of solutions in the web...

Do not forget that the minimum power supply is 750W, or a bit lower for 1080p @ higher resolutions you will need at least one power supply with 1000W or 1200W.

Vegas are very hungry for power.

0 Likes