cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

andonxp
Journeyman III

Vega 64 goes to maximum fan speed with latest drivers.

Hello,

I have the following problem.

My Vega 64 sapphire nitro plus goes to maximum fan speed with latest drivers when trying to do custom fan speed curve with Wattman. On default fan speed is 40% max even on 70c causing it to throttle. Trying to do custom curve causes it to max out immediately after i press the 'apply' button on the Wattman.

This first happened after i updated my 19.2.x driver to 19.3.1 and every newer driver i update to causes the same problem.

Rolling back to 19.1.1 fixes this issue and i am able to overclock, undervolt and manage the fan curve with no issue.

Ofcourse i want the latest drivers for maximum performance and stability.

So can anyone help me with a fix or some work around? Any other software i can use to control the fans of my GPU? Any suggestions and opinions will be apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies
pvcdroid
Adept II

I haven't tried rolling back but I'm seeing the same fan issues on my Gigabyte 64 OC WF. I'm also seeing a bit higher temp than normal and the Zero Fan RPM option when setting temp to Automatic does not work whereas it did on 19.3.1. Also noticing that the fan does come back down after initial push to max but very slowly.

Update: The Zero fan option is working.

To all who might read this. This is how i solved the issue.

Its either the fan speed sensor or one of the fans failing on the video card. The sensor reads 0 rpm on the fan and causes the system to push the fans higher than 0 rpm but it (the sensor) reads constatly zero fan activity.

Possible solutions are to replace the failing fan or contact the support of you hardware manifacturer.

Hope that helps.

In my case was faulty fan.

0 Likes