Vega 64 BSOD atikmpag.sys

PC specification:

• i7-8700k
  • Asus Prime Z370-P
  • Crucial 2x8GB 2133MHz
  • Gigabyte Vega 64 OC 8GB
  • Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit

Context

I purchased the Gigabyte Vega 64 OC 8GB late December 2018 and I have had no issues with the card at all. I have two monitors plugged into the GPU using HDMI and DP.

The issue

On the 23rd March I updated my drivers from 19.1.1 to the optional 19.3.3 driver. A couple hours later that day my PC hard froze, both monitors cut to black and had to be manually shut down. Once I restarted my PC no display would appear on either monitor.

I plugged one of the monitors into the motherboard and using the on-board graphics I was able to get a display. I then tried plugging my other monitor into the GPU via DP and both screens flickered and then displayed a BSOD reading "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" and a stop code saying "atikmpag.sys" had failed (Please see attached image below). Now, each time I plug either of my two monitors (via HDMI or DP) into the GPU, it will instantly cause a BSOD with exact same error code.

What I've tried

Firstly, the GPU is being correctly identified in the Device Manager on Windows 10, and all updates for Windows are done. I launched the PC in safe mode and used DDU to cleanly wipe the old drivers out and reinstalled the 19.1.1 driver which I know worked perfectly fine. However, I was met with the same BSOD once I plugged either monitor into the GPU. 

I have also reinstalled Windows 10 twice now and each time I am receiving the same result. 

I would really appreciate any help or suggestions to fix this issue.

Thank you,
Chris

0 Likes
0 Replies