cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

shoenberg3
Journeyman III

Vega 56 to Shimian Monitor Driver issue

Since my monitor (Shimian 27" inch IPS monitor) does not have a DP port, I had to purchase a rather expensive adapter to connect it with the Vega 56.

(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A493CNY/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza)

It actually works okay when I don't have any Radoen drivers installed. However, when I install latest Radeon drivers (also tried blockchain drivers), static artifact takes over the entire screen (I can still somewhat see the what's underneath). Like this:https://ibb.co/eGYMLz

Only resolution is to uninstall the drivers, but then I can't play any games and have also stability issues.

I tried to setting the refresh rate on Radeon settings, with no avail. My guess is that the adapter isn't able to "handle" the latest features on Radeon drivers?

Help please.

0 Likes
2 Replies
shoenberg3
Journeyman III

Please help?

0 Likes

Hey dude, this is literally the first i've heard about this sort of problem. I'm sorry to bother you with no solution but i must highlight the fact that I am no tech advisor, however I do know how to google and i'm googling away now. Is this what you bought? https://www.startech.com/media/products/DP2DVID2/PDFs/DP2DVID2_Datasheet.pdf i'm looking for information/specs/compatibility issues with the cable and/or potential software needed to support it but i've had no luck yet. If there is anyway you can add more detail about the problem, it could help. So could this:

Did you follow these steps careuflly?

Installation instructions.

1.With the computer system powered off, plug the DisplayPort® connector from the DP2DVID adapter into the computer’s video card.

2. Connect the USB connector from the DP2DVID adapter into a USB port on the computer system.

3. Connect a DVI-D (digital) cable from the DP2DVID adapter to your display. NOTE: For 2560x1600 operation, a dual link DVI-D cable must be used.

4. Power on the monitor followed by the computer system.No software/driver installation is required.

reference: https://sgcdn.startech.com/005329/media/sets/DP2DVID2_Manual/DP2DVID2.pdf

Some troubleshooting method's you can try if you have the required components:

When you troubleshoot issues with a video adapter, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue: Video cables, Video adapter, Video source (such as a DVD player or computer), Video destination (such as a monitor or projector). To test your setup components, try the following: Use the cable, video adapter, video source, and video destination in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup. Use a different cable, video adapter, video source, and video destination in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup. When you test your cables, it is recommended that you do the following: Test each cable individually. Use short cables when you are testing. When you test the video source and video destination, it is recommended that you do the following: Remove the video adapter from your setup and test to make sure that the video source and video destination work together without the video adapter. Test to make sure that the video source and video destination work together at the resolution that you want to use. Note: In order for your setup to work properly, the video source, adapter, and destination all need to support the resolution that you are using.

If you have the time to provide us with your dxdiag log then follow these steps:

1. Press the windows key
  2. Type in the search-form "dxdiag"
  3. Hit enter
  4. An application will open called DirectX Diagnostic Tool
  5. A bar will show near the bottom left of the window, this indicates the progress of the scan while gathering the information about your components, allow the bar to fill until it has disappeared (If you're using 64bit Windows you should click the "Run 64-bit DxDiag" button before following the next step, (if your unsure whether you have a 32 or a 64 bit version of windows you have dont worry about the 64 bit dxdiag), again when you've done this wait for the bar to fill and disappear.) and then click the "Save All Information..." button located at the bottom right of the window (next to the exit button)
  6. This part doesn't matter too much but for the sake of being thorough please conform, save the file to your desktop. Where it says "File Name" enter the name "dxdiag4info", and where it says "Save as type:" make sure it is set to "Text File (*.txt)". Once youve changed these options you can click save resulting in a log of your system components and their details/specs located in a text-file on your desktop named dxdiag4info(.txt)
  7. To get the information to us you need to open the text file and select all of the text, to select all of the text simple right click anywhere in the txt file/notepad and click "Select All", next you need to copy the selected text, to do this right click in the notepad again and click "Copy". Once you've done this you can paste the text that you just copied to the forum thread by going to the forum, going to the reply form, you then need to right click and then click paste, now you can submit your dxdiag log to us. (For selecting, copying and pasting the log, these keyboard shortcuts may come in handy Ctrl+A selects all of the text, Ctrl+C copies anything selected and last but not least Ctrl+V pastes anything that is copied to the clipboard) I recommend you use pastebin.com to share the dxdiag log by the way, you'll be able to fit all of the information on one page there for sure, and you can simply post a link to the info making your forum reply small and compact.
0 Likes