cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PositiveOne
Adept I

Vari-Bright causing a change in the colour scheme on my laptop

After updating the graphics card (integrated), the color scheme of the display has changed. An unpleasant glow has appeared. How do I fix this?
I tried to adjust the colors in the amd radeon software, tried to calibrate the screen, nothing works. When the laptop is just turned on, the first seconds of color correction is normal, and then these glow contrasts slowly appear. It is impossible to work. Does anybody help with it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I got it: just turned off Vari-Bright in AMD Radeon Software and it looks like the problem is solved

View solution in original post

9 Replies

What OS? What processor / APU?

Information Required When Posting a Discussion

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon VII
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, Make and Model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1909 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.10.1
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X

Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with radeon graphics. I tried to roll back the driver - it completely deletes. No recovery point.

0 Likes

You forgot to mention this is a laptop......

Here are the correct drivers:

Do a clean install.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-graphic...

Drivers and Software

AMD software and drivers are designed to work best for up-to-date operating systems. Please be sure to update your operating system before installing drivers.

Your link does not install the drivers. I downloaded from here https://www.amd.com/en/support. I updated Windows and reinstalled the drivers - same problem.

Here's what I noticed - when I turn on charging the display changes to normal, the glow disappears. As soon as I unplug it appears again.

Btw HDR is disabled.

0 Likes

What do you mean "the link doesn't install the drivers?

Screenshot_4.png

0 Likes

I got it: just turned off Vari-Bright in AMD Radeon Software and it looks like the problem is solved

It didn't work for me(

When I go to chrome or open an image in the messenger or go into the game, the color scheme change again

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

If you have HDR High Dynamic Range disable it. I found it not only created a strange glow but the screen started getting a washed out appearance. A week after I disabled HDR the screen looked normal and the issue has not returned. 

Same here..I also changed my monitor profile to sRGB. Colors are much better. Unless your monitor produces 400+ nits peak brightness it can not produce HDR and will have visual issues.

0 Likes