cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

masun
Journeyman III

Using a XFX 7850 and RX 480 8GB at the same time?

Hi, I am trying to get a 7850 to work at the same time on the same system as a rx 480. I upgraded to the 480 from the 7850 about a year and a half ago. In the last few days I guess I have been bitten by the mining bug and I started to try out my 480 to see what kind of results I would get. I still have my older card(the 7850) and I wanted to try to benchmark on nicehash to see if I would get anything. I have the latest drivers installed 18.1.1 and my 7850 doesn't show up. Windows sees it as a generic VGA device. I decided to see if I could install older drivers to see if it would make the 7850 work. I tried to use the AMD autodetect utility and it told me to go back to an older driver version. I really don't want to because I now have the compute setting turned in my drivers for my 480. Is there anyway to make this setup work? I'm afraid if I install drivers specific to the 7850 it will cause a driver conflict or make the system see the 7850 as my primary device. Oh yeah I'm on windows 10 64-bit also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
0 Replies