cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lello58
Adept I

Use RX 580 for video and HD 6670 for audio

I would like to use my RX 580 connected to the projector only for the video signal and an old HD 6670 connected to the receiver for audio only: is this possible? Could there be a driver conflict?
As a power supply I have a Corsair 750W so I think that's enough

0 Likes
1 Solution

You can't use the legacy GPU HD6670 and supported RX580 in the same computer.

The HD 6670 AMD Driver is not compatible with the RX580 GPU Card and the RX580 AMD Driver is not compatible with the HD6670.

Either try connecting the audio to your motherboard or purchase a separate PCIe Sound card if the RX 580 Audio is not compatible with audio from your projector.

HDMI Cable transmits both Video and Audio signals. So the RX580 AMD Audio driver should work. I have a A/V Receiver in which I connected a HDMI cable from my GPU card to the Receiver and then a HDMI Cable from the Receiver to the Speakers (5.1).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Is there something wrong with your PC's sound card/onboard sound?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

As a case I have an old Accent HT400 and unfortunately the entrance is too low and does not allow me to insert the hdmi cable because it hits the frame.

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

Why?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

The receiver is not 4k and therefore cannot pass through. So currently I use an hdmi output to the receiver and the other to the 4k projector but the different video resolutions create problems for me.

0 Likes

You can't use the legacy GPU HD6670 and supported RX580 in the same computer.

The HD 6670 AMD Driver is not compatible with the RX580 GPU Card and the RX580 AMD Driver is not compatible with the HD6670.

Either try connecting the audio to your motherboard or purchase a separate PCIe Sound card if the RX 580 Audio is not compatible with audio from your projector.

HDMI Cable transmits both Video and Audio signals. So the RX580 AMD Audio driver should work. I have a A/V Receiver in which I connected a HDMI cable from my GPU card to the Receiver and then a HDMI Cable from the Receiver to the Speakers (5.1).

0 Likes