Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mr_neverdies
Journeyman III

USB 3.00 and USB 3.10 Driver

Can be deleted.

115 Replies

You'd be surprised. Sometimes it's not Logitech's fault but a component/parts supplier's fault.

For instance, the expensive Logitech G703, G403, and G603 mice had a serious problem with the scrollwheel reversing direction randomly. It turned out to be a batch of faulty Kailh encoders. Kailh's not a cheapy brand either--they simply messed up.

Or, if you remember the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 batteries catching on fire. That turned out to be a battery supplier cheating Samsung by cutting corners on the manufacturing. It ruined Samsung's reputation but it wasn't their fault.

Anyway, USBTreeView might help you figure out whether the mouse or keyboard is generating more errors.

0 Likes

I increased DRAM voltage. It's possible that in conjunction with the USB port placement the overclock also played a role. It seems more stable than before. I noticed errors in event viewer at the crashes and they were all this: Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001.

I found those event viewer errors were occurring because my headset and microphone don't play well together. Oh well, I need them both so I'll just have to deal with it. It's not like the issue randomly occurs and could strike me at any moment, it only happens when I disconnect my mouse.

0 Likes

Definitely use a smartphone charger for your wireless mouse (takes the current draw off the motherboard).

What happens if you put the headset and microphone on the same powered USB hub? (You said you didn't have one--perhaps borrow one?)

0 Likes

The wireless mouse is able to be used while charging, so that's why it's a little problematic. No one I know has a powered USB hub, but I doubt it's a power delivery issue anyway. Based on the errors it's more wonky firmware/drivers. I'm going to try to return the mouse anyway, because it's having a double clicking issue with the middle button which the G703 is notorious for.

0 Likes

Understood. Well, it might be possible to convince the manufacturer or either your headset or microphone to fix their crappy drivers/firmware.... Not saying it's easy, but if you bring them good diagnostic data, they might do it.

0 Likes

Haha no way am I doing that. It's possible that the errors mean nothing

though and that they just occur when the USB crashes because it has to

reinitialize the headset and microphone. Hence the errors at startup.

I'll try to get my mouse replaced and see how it goes. I did try the 99%

IPA in the ports as far as my fat Q-tips could go, and I have yet to

notice the issue.

0 Likes

Cool. Well, hopefully the mouse replacement works for you. In my own case, replacing the WiFi adapter seemed to be what fixed my problem, so I can say that replacement is a successful strategy.

0 Likes

Final update (hopefully): It turns out the issue was infinity fabric, and that the mouse and keyboard glitch was another issue which was screwing up my troubleshooting. The issue occurs on quite moderate infinity fabric clocks, at around 1700MHz FCLK or 3400MHz RAM 1:1 the motherboard's USB circuitry can't keep up. I moved my mouse to its own controller, so that whenever I disconnect it it can only kill itself. I couldn't even replicate the issue on that controller though, so they must be of varying quality.

0 Likes

Nice work!

0 Likes
joncoulter
Journeyman III

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem that many of you are having where the AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller seems to stop working and my wifi cuts out. I have noticed that seems to occur mainly when the computer is under heavy load (zoom meeting, screen sharing). I have a Ryzen 3400g, ASUS Prime B450M-A, and a Cudy WE3000 AX 3000Mbps Wireless WiFi 6 PCIe Card. After trying to change settings, download drivers, switching which slot the network adaptor is in, I have found no success and was wondering which solution you all found worked the best. Should I try ordering the Gigabyte GC-WBAX200 WiFi NIC that dxlc0 found worked well for him?

0 Likes

Have you tried updating your mobo's BIOS?

If so, then it sounds like you have tried everything within reason. Might as well try buying the Gigabyte card. Amazon has free returns...

0 Likes

When I tried to download the most recent version of BIOS from the ASUS website it did not download as a normal file I would use to download drivers so I was not sure what to do with it. Sorry, I am not the most experienced PC builder.

0 Likes

BIOS files are usually in a special format and require either a bootable USB stick or Windows BIOS-flasher utility. You can usually download the utility from their website.

ASUS should have detailed instructions on how to do a BIOS upgrade on their website. It's a common task and is always well-documented.

Some motherboards have BIOSes that can connect to the internet and download the latest BIOS file directly and install it.

0 Likes

After another week of trying things to fix the problem, I have still not been able to fix it. Would replacing the motherboard fix the problem? If so, I am willing to replace my current one and am open to suggestions for which I should purchase with a 3400g.

0 Likes

I can't promise you that replacing the mobo would solve it, but the chances are pretty high that it will if you get a better mobo. Personally I was looking into going from a $80 mobo to a $150 mobo from a different brand that had a good reputation. I figured that a midrange-priced mobo would be better.

If you are at all able to borrow a motherboard to test, do that first. Or I guess you could buy one and then return it if the problem comes back right away. If the problem does come back, it's very likely to be one of the devices you transfer over (probably the Cudy WiFi card). My recommendation is to get a mobo with WiFi 6 built into it (would have a newer 5xx chipset too). Well, there IS a downside to buying mobos with built-in WiFi--you can't upgrade them later when later generations of WiFi come out.

0 Likes

I switched the Cudy out for the Gigabyte one you used and found no success so I can not think of anything that would have a problem other than the motherboard. Any suggestions for a microATX motherboard with WiFi 6 that you think could solve the problem? Ideally cheaper is better, but at this point I just want something that works.

0 Likes

I was personally considering the new MSI Mortar mobos with the B550M chipset on them. Not sure if any have WiFi 6, but you could always try out the Cudy WiFi with it. If you order fast enough before you have to return the Gigabtye Wifi 6 card, try both WiFi cards on it.

Be sure to check all the specs before ordering one. They aren't cheap. Make sure you have a way to return the mobo without a restocking fee too.

0 Likes

Is there any reason to go with an x570 board over a B550M or will the difference be negligible in my case?

0 Likes

I don't think there are any x570 micro-ATX boards. If you're able to step up to a larger form factor, then maybe it's worth it. Personally I didn't see a need for x570 over B550M.

Here's a chart of the differences. It mainly boils down to whether you want PCI-e Gen 4 or not.

https://www.wepc.com/tips/b550-vs-x570/ 

Ah, just realized by reading the article that since you have a 3400G, you cannot use the B550 chipset.

You may have to stick with the B450M chipset, in which case the older MSI Mortar may work.

0 Likes

I found out the B550 will not support your 3400G, so hold off on that idea. My other post is awaiting moderation  because it has a link in the middle to a comparison between B550 and x570.

0 Likes

Any good microATX x570s with WiFi 6 you know of?

0 Likes

Not at this time. I don't think x570 will ever be available on a micro-ATX board, only on full-size ATX or larger.

0 Likes

So, since I need a microATX motherboard, should I be looking for another B450 that is not made by ASUS, or are there any other options?

0 Likes

Yep. Try MSI or Gigabyte's B450M micro-ATX boards.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Yes, but make sure you can return the mobo without a restocking fee if it turns out that the problem carries over (which would likely mean something you transferred over is causing the problem).

0 Likes

According to MSI that board does support that processor with this Bios or later:

RYZEN 5PicassoYD340BC5M4MFHPRO 3400G1003.7GHz2MB4MBB065AMDRadeonVega11 1400MHz7B89v22.zip

How do I know if I have to flash the BIOS or not? Will it likely come with that BIOS version or newer?

0 Likes

It's pretty likely that the mobo will come with an older version of BIOS on it. How old? No way to tell just by looking on the outside of the box. Mobos that are manufactured more recently will have newer BIOS versions on them, so if you knew that the mobo you are buying was made very recently, it would be better to buy that than one that was manufactured months ago.

0 Likes

I ordered the MSI Mortar board I mentioned, and it should be coming tomorrow. Would it be better to swap the motherboard, then check what BIOS version it is, or should I just flash it without checking the version?

0 Likes

Personally I would install the board in the case, add CPU and RAM, then check BIOS version and then flash the BIOS to the latest version if it isn't the latest.

If it doesn't like the CPU, you'll find out right away.

But you really can take either approach and be fine.

The motherboard came in the mail yesterday, and it’s the right board; however, it appears to have the Chinese packaging rather than English. I ordered it from Newegg, so I am not sure how that happened.  Is this the same board with different packaging so it will still work, or does the Chinese packaging signal that it is a Chinese board, and I should not use it in my system?

0 Likes

It should still work fine. The hardware will be the same for all regions.

If the board is new yes likely. The bios version will show briefly at startup. You can hit delete to go into the bios at startup and see the version there.

If you get a b450 tomahawk it is unlikely it is an old bios those boards are very in demand and still made. Plus that board has a flash from usb feature you can even load the new bios onto a flash drive and put it in the designated usb slot on the board and all you need is the board plugged in and press the button next to the usb port and it will flash the latest bios. The boxes also very often have a sticker on them with the what bios is flashed. If you can buy retail locally a sales rep can probably help you too. If you needed help the support department of any of the board makers could walk you through it as well. 

0 Likes
gpaganini
Journeyman III

Well, after months of trying to fix this, I'm also thinking about replacing my mobo for the Gigabyte X570 Gaming X, as it supports my Ryzen 3200G. Any tips or recomendations?

best regards y'all.

0 Likes