cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Gouranga8
Adept I

[Urgent] Terrain artifacts on SnowRunner with RDNA2 gpus

SnowRunner have an issue with RDNA2 GPUs. There are many posts on game forums, reddit, steam.

This is the steam thread addressing the problem:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1465360/discussions/0/3415432674394799399/

I only started playing the game a month ago. But reading from other comments, people say this problem started to occur few months ago. I've tried previous drivers (22.6.2) and for me problem was fixed but others still reported it continues.

I think after Directx11 upgrade for radeon driver (after 7/22) broken SnowRunner for RDNA2 and it has been months without a fix.

Unfortunately things such as this, make people say "amd is bad"; troll, fanboy or otherwise. And people have right to say it. Nobody should suffer such visual glitch for months on fav game after paying premium price to Rdna2 gpu. Stuff like this give radeon bad name nonetheless. Please work on this on your next update and fix the issues with SnowRunner.

27 Replies
Axton
Challenger

I've seen these issues for months, Sabre has been quiet on it as far as I know.  It's about time AMD gets in touch and helps fix the issue.

Fc47xNzXwAYzQTG.jfifFcEriX_XwAAQdaa.jfifFcSzCcYX0AAXz_x.jfifFcysra2X0AACK_g.jfif

Thank you for sharing screenshots, it will help to identify the problem quickly.

Those box-shaped texture tilings or brown dots, those happen on every gpu. It is engine related and there was a response from developers at sabre with an apology and they are trying to fix it. Few weeks back on SR reddit.

Our problem though are these spikes or earthquake crack like deformations on terrain as Radeon gpu users. So far I never seen someone with other brand gpu having it, everybody experiencing it has RDNA2 gpu. In short, it is AMD driver. And other AMD Gpu's don't have the issue, isolated to RDNA2/6000 series.

0 Likes
rodrox
Adept III

Hello to everyone reading.

I was considerating the purchase of an Radeon RX 6800, but now reading this post Im not that sure.

Swnorunner is the main Truck SIM game I play so it will be a really bad option to get this GPU if it have problems with this game.

Was this fixed, or is it still an issue???

Thank you!

Hello

Issue still persists. SR just got an update as you probably know and they didn't fix anything on their end regarding game engine.

For RDNA2, you can fix the issue by switching directx11 API dll manually as explained here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2868330494

Still an issue. Can anyone at AMD comment if this is on a bug fix list?  @Amber_AMD  @Wally_AMD 

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

Anyone at AMD have an update on this?

Someone claims to know the fix but perhaps AMD can make it official?  See link below:

https://steamah.com/snowrunner-terrain-visual-glitch-fix-amd-rdna2/ 

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

Any improvement on this with the new driver from yesterday? If not I won't bother updating.

Axton
Challenger

20230303103516_1.jpg20230224090448_1.jpgWill this ever be fixed?  Adrenalin 23.2.2, Radeon 6950XT, Windows 10 22H2

SergeyK
Adept I

Похоже AMD не сильно беспокоит Snowrunner. Чистая установка старого драйвера не дала результата. Использование DXVK порождает новые проблемы

Да, я только что попробовал новый драйвер, 23.3.1, и проблема все еще существует.
Проблема в том, что когда трейлер остается без присмотра на карте, и вы возвращаетесь к нему, тогда появляются шипы.
Я понимаю, почему люди покупают nvidia из-за такой проблемы.

20230315184422_1.jpg

0 Likes

Я много раз устанавливал и старые драйверы и новые. Каждый раз через AMDCleanup utility. Переустанавливал игру, вычищал реестр. Не хочу сносить Windows(11). Хотя вернулся бы наверно на 10. Microsoft тоже подкидывают проблем

0 Likes
SergeyK
Adept I

Полагаю у Кожаной Куртки целый отдел работает над созданием проблем для AMD RADEON

0 Likes
SergeyK
Adept I

Saber Interactive тоже не шевелятся. На дворе 2023, а им не завезли dx12 до сих пор.

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

I've come to the conclusion the bug happens when a trailer is left on the map by the player and you leave the area, quit the game and come back later (or leave the map and come back to the trailer).  The spikes in the ground are always by abandoned trailers when I play.

What strikes me as odd is that for all the months that this bug has been hapenning that no one who works for AMD software also plays Snowrunner.  It seems so unlikely that no one at AMD plays Snowrunner and therefore hasn't looked into this issue.  I've posted on the Sabre3D forums about it so they don't seem too bothered either.

These are the things that drive people away from a particular brand.

0 Likes

Напиши пожалуйста куда конкретно ты писал в  SABER

0 Likes

Actually It may not be only related to trailers, I'm seeing it in coop now where there are no trailers around just mine and my partners truck and the spikes come up right in front of me.

0 Likes
SergeyK
Adept I

Это сайт AMD? Тогда почему никто из компании ничего не пишет здесь. И читает ли кто из AMD?

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

Still broken on Adrenalin 23.3.2

snowrunner23.3.2.jpg

0 Likes
Peter93
Adept I

SAPHIRE RX 6700 spikes problem after saving and loading the game, GYGABITE RTX 3060 Ti no problem, tested on the same PC, Win 10 and Win 11, all possible versions of drivers, I bought AMD only because I had a gaming monitor that only supported freesync, but I'd rather buy G-sync and nVidia than deal with constant problems from AMD, never more AMD

SergeyK
Adept I

У них в приоритете фиксить драйверы для других игр. Snowrunner им нахуй не нужен.

0 Likes

Chápem to, ale nepotrebujem ani AMD, kúpim si to, čo funguje lepšie

0 Likes

I understand it, but I don't need AMD either, I'll buy what works better

SergeyK
Adept I

Кто-нибудь проверял новый драйвер 23.4.1?

0 Likes

Nothing changes.

SergeyK
Adept I

23.4.2 артефакты на своем месте. Видимо нет решения или никому не нужно 

0 Likes
SergeyK
Adept I

https://steamah.com/snowrunner-terrain-visual-glitch-fix-amd-rdna2/.  

Единственное решение не разработчика и не AMD!

0 Likes