cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chidu82
Journeyman III

upgrading to windows 10 on dell inspiron N4050 model is showing AMD graphics device is working fine but amd catalyst does not show the information.

My dell inspiron laptop Model N4050 came with inbuilt AMD radeon graphics card of version : AMD Radeon HD 6470M.

Factory OS is windows 7. My hard disk was corrupted and i replaced a new hard disk. I did a fresh install of windows 10 on this device.

under display adapter of windows device manager, it shows device is working fine. But when i launch amd control center, under display, it shows Adapter RAM: Not available, Color Planes : Not Available, Color Table Entries : Not available, Resolution Not available, Bits/pixels not available.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

when i try to launch radeon settings, i am getting no amd graphics driver is installed.

pastedImage_4.png

I tried un-installing and re-installing the driver many times but no use.Please help to let me know .whether radeon graphics card is installed properly or not. or what should be done to fix this issue.

-thanks

Chidambaram

0 Likes
3 Replies

Your laptop does not support Windows 10. Revert to a supported OS and the computer will be fully functional. Part of the problem is your Intel switchable graphics.

https://community.amd.com/thread/190079 

the device manager of windows says device is perfectly working fine where as radeon settings says no radeon service is not found or driver is not installed properly. 

Please help to let me know which one is correct. 

0 Likes

Been through this a hundred times...unfortunately your laptop will never function correctly with those graphics. The discrete graphics ( HD7400M series) is considered Legacy...meaning no more updates, the last one offered in 2015. The Intel graphics does not meet the Microsoft's minimum requirements for Win10. Windows update will install a generic Intel driver that will allow you to surf the web...that's about it. No switchable graphics.

Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products 

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System | AMD 

0 Likes