Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jrsilva7
Journeyman III

Upgrade Windows 10 Pro x64 slow boot with drivers ATI Radeon 6630m

Hi,

Soon after I make the Windows 7 x64 version upgrade to Windows 10 x64, I realized that my Windows began to take too long to start. Taking around 2 min, and before starting in just 10 seconds.Then I checked if it was a driver problem and removed the video card driver and realized it was him that was causing the slow computer, and sometimes also lock the windows alone. I used the computer without the driver and run normally, tried to use the latest version of catalyst driver that is on site and yet the problem remains, and also using the old version of software or Windows itself, Could you help me?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jrsilva7
Journeyman III

Re: Upgrade Windows 10 Pro x64 slow boot with drivers ATI Radeon 6630m

It is not the solution but it is a way to lower the windows boot time.

Follow these steps to fix the slow boot/start up on your Windows 10 pc/laptop with AMD graphics.

Step 1: Ctrl + R

Step 2: Type regedit.exe

Step 3: Ctrl + F

Step 4: Type enableulps

Step 5: Double click enableulps

Step 6: Change value to 0

Reboot

By: Manuel Sierra - Youtube
FIX WINDOWS 10 SLOW STARTUP BOOT AFTER UPGRADE (AMD GRAPHICS) - YouTube

0 Kudos
rblanca
Journeyman III

Please stop to recommend that solutions...that workaround will make your lapdock consume like a 20% of power...that's not a solutions...AMD please fix it...you broke ULPS since driver 14.9

0 Kudos
jrsilva7
Journeyman III

I edited the answer for: It is not the solution but it is a way to lower the windows boot time.
While AMD does not correct the bug.

0 Kudos
mcpartyson
Adept I

i edited all entries of enableulps in the registry and it did not change a thing. Black screen, mouse cursor, slow boot still present.

0 Kudos