cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

joseph375
Journeyman III

Updating RX Vega M drivers to 18.2.1

Hello, I was posting on this forum because recently I purchases a Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, when I attempted to update the drivers for the GPU from 17.40.etc. to 18.2.1 the software does one of two things (regardless of express or custom install):

A:  The software crashes and restarts.

or

B: the software shows a circle like its attempting to update, then returns to the initial screen with no update applied.

I have also attempted to uninstall and reinstall the software, factory reset the system, and search for the drive on AMD's website with no resolve.

0 Likes
5 Replies

0 Likes

Download from Intel ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
joseph375
Journeyman III

Describe your system:

• Graphics Card
    • Radeon RX Vega M GL
  • Laptop System
    • Dell XPS 15" 2 in 1
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 home 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.40.1034.1004-171219a-322262C
  • Display Devices
    • 15.6" 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge Anti-Reflective Touch Display
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • N/A, 1.1.1
  • CPU/APU
    • 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8705G Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.1 GHz)
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold
  • RAM
    • 16GB

Describe your issue:

To repeat myself, but with the information of the computer itself added:

"Hello, I was posting on this forum because recently I purchases a Dell XPS 15 2 in 1, when I attempted to update the drivers for the GPU from 17.40.1034.1004-171219a-322262C to 18.2.1 the software does one of two things (regardless of express or custom install):

A:  The software crashes and restarts.

or

B: the software shows a circle like its attempting to update, then returns to the initial screen with no update applied.

I have also attempted to uninstall and reinstall the software, factory reset the system, and search for the drive on AMD's website with no resolve."

• Details about applications/games affected (including version number) : no games are affected.
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings): no graphic settings are affected
  • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue: Images are referenced in the initial post. please refer to the post above.

If you require any other information, I am willing to provide.

also it is worth noting that I know how to use Radeon Settings because I have a RX580 XTR as well, and have no issues updating it on my desktop.

0 Likes

If your laptop is new, you should be using the drivers furnished by the manufacturer....especially the newer Vega M series. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/download-update-dell-drivers-windows-utility

Where did you find AMD mobility drivers for this graphics driver on the AMD site? A link please.

Saw a reddit thread suggesting the update notification may be a bug in the radeon settings gui.

To add to the confusion, this from intel

Perhaps amdmatt​ can clear it up.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..