cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

m3dicine
Journeyman III

Updating AMD drivers causes monitor to lose signal. Halp!

Hi,

I just updated my drivers, and during the instal the monitor lost it's signal and never regained.  I know it's normal for monitors to flicker during a driver update, but there's just nothing coming out of my card when windows launches.  I get the motherboard's splash screen and can enter bios fine.  But, once Windows launches, the signal to the monitor is terminated.  It seems that I can login to windows as hitting enter, then typing my password, then hitting enter again will cause the Windows login chyme.  But, I still don't get a signal.

I have two HDMI outs on the card and nothing on either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
3 Replies
cile
Adept I

i have sam problem my acer KG251Q,  losing singnal on hdmi and dpi port .I am starting to hate my Aorus RX 580 8GB graph.card .Got monitor flicering during  the game too (flashing black screeen while gaming ) .I will smash my PC.While gaming  loseing singnal on monitor  ,and only thing i can do is restard my pc  HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

0 Likes

This sounds like a different symptom than I am experiencing.  I don't get any video out once Windows starts to load.  Good luck though!

0 Likes
m3dicine
Journeyman III

I think my Win partition is buggered.  Can't restore, can't do much.  It seems it's time for a wipe & reinstall.  RIP.

0 Likes