cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

meef
Journeyman III

Updated to driver 22.8.1, display port quit working

As title says, updated to most recent driver and one of the display ports quit working. Can swap monitor and cords to other display ports and works just fine. Have tried to roll back drivers to no avail.

Note: Everything worked just fine previous to updating.

Edit: Every port works on the card except the middle display port

Msi Radeon RX 6800 XT - Asus prime Z690M D4 - Corsair vengeance 64gb DDR4 3200MHz - Intel i7 12700k - Corsair 850w PSU - Win 11

0 Likes
3 Replies
ProximateTen
Adept I

I've literally rolled my drivers back to a version from end end of 2020.  20.11.3.  I installed 22.5.1 and later, and then had CONSTANT issues with driver crashes and the windows "reset" of the driver.  Since the rollback, I've had no issues.  I've monitored the GPU temp, which NEVER gets above 69 degrees on my RX480.  The latest drivers are a bug riddled mess, and if you're having issues just roll back to the earliest working version you remember.. and just stay there.  There seems little or no interest from AMD on fixing ANY of these issues they keep introducing

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Do you by any chance have another PC to see if your display ports work there?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
cwiggles
Elite

Hi,

I had an odd issue with running dual monitors using DPort on my MSI RX6700-XT. To cut a long story short I was advised by MSI to *ensure* the gfx card power is being provided by separate power cables and not one single one which is broken out into two 8 pin connectors. In my case I was using a split power cable. Since doing that and reverting to 22.5.1 the DPort issues I was having were resolved.

Basically the MSI rep was saying under certain conditions the PSU may not be able to provide the correct amount of power to the card which could cause odd/unstable behaviour. 

On a side note, when i was initially trying to solve my issues, I noticed in the Adrenalin drivers under the DISPLAY settings there was an option called "Enable Clone" or  "Clone display", not sure now, and it's not shown in 22.5.1 so it must have been an option added in 22.6.1 onwards.  Once I clicked on that both monitors started to work. I still had to go into Windows to set it up as an extended desktop, but at least it worked. This was all prior to addressing the power cable issue to the gfx card, so this may be worth trying as well. 

Craig

0 Likes