cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dravalyn
Journeyman III

Updated to crimson, my second screen will not stay connected.

Hello!

I am a little new to this.

I have had AMD for a long time and never had a problem.

I have an AMD r9 290X graphics card, and Windows 10 64 bit.

But I just updated to the Crimson update and after it finished installing, My second screen turned off.. I noticed that it connects, and disconnects. Over and over again.

I checked my drivers while this was going on and it would refresh each time. It also is recognized by my computer for a moment then unrecognized the next.

I would appreciate some assistance!

Thank you!

Please let me know what else you need to know!

0 Likes
2 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Updated to crimson, my second screen will not stay connected.

Try disconnecting the second display. Uninstall Crimson drivers as instructed here and then try a fresh installation of Crimson 15.11.1 Beta available here. Once the drivers are installed and you have restarted the system, please reconnect the second display and go into the Eyefinity tab to configure the display. If this does not resolve the issue, please roll back to the most recent Catalyst driver.

If my post was correct and or helpful, please make sure to mark it as such in order to help others with similar questions.

0 Likes
dravalyn
Journeyman III

Re: Updated to crimson, my second screen will not stay connected.

I did a clean uninstall of the Crimson drivers, and now I cannot find the catalyst drivers. It just keeps taking me to the crimson drivers. If you could post a link to where I should find these drivers, I would appreciate it! thanks.

0 Likes